Author Topic: How far are you willing to drive for a pinball machine?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline scozza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kensington Grove, QLD
    • eviltechie.com
I ended up picking up my PLayball and an empty cabinet for a scratch build in Brisbane, they made it back to Gippsland in tact & I'm working on them now.  Did actually suss out shipping and it was suprisingly expensive, as soon as you mention the glass component (esp backglass) they seem to ramp the price up.  I'm assuming that it's to cover some fancy packaging.

Cheers,

Scott.
*** Playball (2) - Hotline - Goldball - Fish Tales - Lethal Weapon 3 -  Striker Xtreme - Star Trek TNG - Star Trek Pro *** Previous machines - Gorgar - Surf Champ - Centigrade 37 - Liberty Bell - Magic - Galaxy -  ***

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
Havent had to drive far to pick up a pin. However drove last weekend past Ballarat to pick up a Atari Sprint2 project.

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline m-rots

• Forum Posts:
  • Lara soon
As long i got the time for it i will drive a full day if need to.

But its like Neno sad : its also the trip and memories that comes with it.

One day (700 km round trip) 4 of the 6 people i got a pinballmachine from had a ford mustang in the garage,and on the way we got past by a mustang club of about 40 cars.

Ones I could not find the house,after 1 hour i was about to gif up i found it (melbourne like trafic).So i ring the doorbell,a woman opens up (no she was not naked) she sad she had some bad news. Her husband had been tossing and turning all night becouse he could not part with his pinball machine (old chicago), he have owned it for about 20 years. So i had to go back with a empty trailer. And you know what ,i didnt even mind.

And behind allmost every pinball machine (most of the EM's) there is a story. Sometimes on my way there i am wondering what story i will hear next.

Drive safe,

Hans
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:12:06 AM by m-rots »

Offline Fezlar

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
I once drove to Brisbane to pick up two machine. Indy and an Apollo 13.
Took a few days, but worth it!

Marty Machine

I drove Melb-to-Geelong (and obviously returned) to pickup 'Haunted House' and ' Middle Earth' on 2 seperate trips.

Driving to Melb doesn't suck, Driving to Geelong sucks  :lol :lol :lol :lol

I don't remember Geelong being so far away from Melb, did they extend the freeway or something? (trying to deter eachother from visitng each city?) it seems to take forever to get near the place....

I *almost* needed to drive Melb-Adelaide for that Party Zone, but dropped out of the bidding war early...

MM.

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
I did drive to Adelaide and picked up two centre link Kiosks. (one for me and one for another member)
Managed to get them in to the Backseat of the commodore.

I chucked on some free jukebox program, top 500 rock and roll songs and it now
keeps me in music while in the garage.

Red

Found hobby, now need coin