Author Topic: Stern Ali Restore  (Read 11827 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Ali Restore
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »
Looking at the yellow paint - It appears you build up the colour with several thin coats. It really does look a lot better than having thick coats with edges. I love the "old school" style of stenciling. I miss those days !

Cabinet look AMAZING !

Your garage reminds me of the "old days" (5 years ago) when I was just starting out - I hope what happened to me, happens to you ! BIGGER PLACE !

Yepp spot on Nino, I did about four or five light coats of each colour to get good coverage of paint, with ten minutes flash off time between coats and a further ten minutes after last coat before removing the stencil. The edges are really sharp and clean with virtually no paint bleed or over spray so there is a slight edge to the stenciled colours. I smoothed over the edges with my fingernail after removing the stencil (pretty sure I read that trick in one of your threads)   :D

And yeah I'm starting to run out of room in the garage so a bigger place would be awesome if I can make it happen  *%*  though that is a long way off yet at this stage I think..