Author Topic: AC / DC Competiton State Final and Meet - Victoria  (Read 8275 times)

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: AC / DC Competiton State Final and Meet - Victoria
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
Lets hope AMD get a better turnout at the Queensland - Timezone Surfers event next month?

Local paper is going to run an article for the GC Timezone event, at least thats something otherwise no one would know about it except the pinball community

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »
I live in a cave, this is the first I heard of the event and I have been hanging to play a comp. where were the qualifier games located?

Is it possible for the forum system to automatically email local members or all members of events like this. I don't read all threads on this forum and so miss lots of stuff it seems
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:05 PM »
Rob - Unfortunately, AMD paid for advertising for this event with MMM - and Norbert himself assured me it was promoted in Melbourne. I know 2 tradesmen who listen to MMM all day, every day - and there was no mention of a pinball comp. the ONLY promotion of this event was on this forum. The turnout was basically the patrons that happened to be there. I have a feeling most of the finalists were also barflies as they spent more time belting the play field glass than seriously playing the game. There were three local forum members including myself.

Hopefully there will be a "real" competition one day..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:20 AM »
And now the venue for the comp, Legends Entertainment has since closed down!
Lucky for Nino's photos or else it may never have happened!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 09:20:20 AM »
Rob - Unfortunately, AMD paid for advertising for this event with MMM - and Norbert himself assured me it was promoted in Melbourne. I know 2 tradesmen who listen to MMM all day, every day - and there was no mention of a pinball comp. the ONLY promotion of this event was on this forum. The turnout was basically the patrons that happened to be there. I have a feeling most of the finalists were also barflies as they spent more time belting the play field glass than seriously playing the game. There were three local forum members including myself.

Hopefully there will be a "real" competition one day..

Yeah by all reports most of the finalists where just guys in the pub at the right time, from what I read they where very rough on the games but as Nino said hopefully one day we get a real comp.

Peter

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »
Bugger you mean there was no qualifying stuff before hand. I coulda won (well maybe)

Someone please email me next time I'm such a dick for not spotting this on time  ^.^

Ah well will have to continue inviting the oldies from the retirement village up the road. They don't have the strength to belt my machines and in fact get out of breath half way through playing a ball which makes posted a good score a little difficult.

If one of them do start having a good game the plug always seems to fall out of the power point  #@#

Does this sometimes happen at real comps
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:05:15 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium