Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

KISS the Rollerball nightmare begins..

<< < (2/16) > >>

dj10555:
Hi Paul,

I would not mylar the backglass. Once this is done, you cannot do any touchups to the glass with mylar in place. Some of the other forums suggest that over time the mylar may actually pull more paint away. I think the triple thick would be the way to go.

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: dj10555 on March 05, 2009, 11:25:47 PM ---Hi Paul,

I would not mylar the backglass. Once this is done, you cannot do any touchups to the glass with mylar in place. Some of the other forums suggest that over time the mylar may actually pull more paint away. I think the triple thick would be the way to go.

--- End quote ---

I concur.

Mylar also can further damage the backglass as the heat from the globes "warms" the adhesive properties of the mylar. In addition. Mylar shrinks over time and it would end up damaging the glass. I think Gavin might have some ideas here - but I've successfully sealed backglasses using the Marvin's guide and I would recommend that you go down this path VERY SOON. I would not be handing that backglass too much as it looks like the bottom might flake off at any moment.

Mr Pinbologist:
If i may chime in.. I think triple thick is definitely the best way to go for sealing backglasses, i've tried other methods but the triple thick has worked better than anything else ive tried. I too have used Triple Thick and the cling wrap method detailed on the Marvin website to repair the kind of damage pictured on this glass successfully.

ROLLERBALL:
Yeah i think the clingwrap way is the go as well....will get onto it asap....probably should leave the rusted metal at the bottom and try and clean it up with it still on do you think??

illawarra_steelers:

--- Quote from: ROLLERBALL on March 06, 2009, 06:54:54 AM ---Yeah i think the clingwrap way is the go as well....will get onto it asap....probably should leave the rusted metal at the bottom and try and clean it up with it still on do you think??

--- End quote ---

Paul,

I had a mate restoring a mint Evel Knievel pin and had the same issue with the rusted metal strip. He attempted to take it off and in the process the backglass split in 2. So is it worth the risk?  *.*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version