Author Topic: Random reset on LAH (fixed!)  (Read 8553 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Random reset on LAH
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 07:39:41 PM »
OK.  Firstly BIG thanks to Humpalot (again & again) for his patience and persistance with advice on my reset issues and also Strangeways with his advice and assistance too.  Once again this IS the best Aussie Pinball forum!

OK, for me I've learnt heaps about reading schematics and switch matrix's and certainly understand how they work and where to look for errors.  Also, the old KISS principle for me.  Although I changed just about every diode on the playfield switches I should have taken the simple step of not assuming the switches were OK just because they were working (and reporting working in diagnostics).  Also I was looking at possible issues all around what was staring me in the face.  The spinner switch when activated was central to all other phantom reports of switches opening...Just because the spinner was working fine doesn't mean the switch itself is healthy.

I replaced the switch (bit of a hack job really, I got some ball trough switches from Mark, swapped blades and new spinner switch), and now no issues.  Well, certainly no trough 7 or shooter lane phantom openings which may have been playing havoc with the switch matrix.
I can't say for certain this will fix the random reset issue.  This I wont know until further game play but I suspect it probably will.

Things to do: Will replace dodgy CN8 connector asap.  Have parts now (and mostly ordered) to rebuild power supply.  This may not be needed yet but perhaps a job to come.  Continue to play and see if original issue of reset occurs, buy another project machine from Mark!

Thanks again to everyone   #*# #*# #*# #*# #*# #*#