Author Topic: Can anyone repair a pokie  (Read 235 times)

Offline piesrule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Can anyone repair a pokie
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »
Can anybody help as i have a friend that has a poker machine that he would like to restore its a Bally from the late 60s and is located in Melb, if anyone can help please let me know.

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Re: Can anyone repair a pokie
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:07:31 PM »
I assume you are talking mechanical, probably a three reeler. Are you able to post a picture?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline piesrule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
Sorry can't post a pic as i don't have the machine, although i can tell you it is a Bally liberty bell special 10c machine with 4 reels, would appreciate if anyone can help

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
Too far away to help sorry, but if you are talking repair it mechanically, then it is not too hard.
Pull the guts out and sit it on a bench, take pics, have a damn good look at how it works ( it becomes obvious if you are mechanically minded) and basically clean and lube it. If you have ever rebuilt an old Holden motor or gearbox then you should be capable of repairing it. Parts are available if you look around, and better still a lot of the bits that die are springs etc. that are readily available.
Lets go Brandon!