Author Topic: Gold coast hotels  (Read 234 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Gold coast hotels
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
Hi guys,

Spending 3 days on the GC in September and wanting a good hotel on the cheaper side right in Surfers strip if possible any ideas? 2 adults and 3 kids.

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Gold coast hotels
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
Paradise Resort - about 10 minutes walk from the centre isn't bad - out dated pool - good for kids. Also has a arcade room with about 7 pinballs (@ $1 a go) (well it did Feb 2010).
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »
Took the family last September to GC and stayed @ the Crown Towers.
My wife and I have been too GC many times before and we chose this hotel on previous experience – won’t do it again though.
Cost us under $600 for 4 nights (pay 3 + 1 free) for a twin bedroom room, which consisted of two bathrooms, a massive kitchen & lounge room area. More than enough for 2 adults + 2 kids.
Warning though on the lagoon pool – the building itself blocks the afternoon sun, so when you get back from those theme parks, it’s pretty pointless.

Regardless of hotel, the airfare is going to be the killer (off memory just under $700 with Jetstar). Factor in hiring a car (Toyota Camry was great - room for luggage + stroller) because you’ll need to a least do one big grocery shop (Safeway is the institution there).
Most nights you’ll get takeaway, but still, you need milk & bread in the morning.

Pete, you might have to sell one of your pinnies because this trip is going to cost you over $2k.

Ps – does anyone know if the Hilton project is finished?

SC.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
+ 1 for the Crown Towers.

The rooms are upmarket and luxurious. I took the wife down for a couple of weekends last year. Its only 15 mins drive.
The staff treat you like a king, and the place is very very nice.

I think the answer is going to be shop around on the net for a great deal. Book ahead and u will save heaps. Also, if u go thru a booking agent, u will save apx 15 to 20 percent, BUT if u ring the hotel (any hotel) they will price match or will beat the agents to get your money directly without having to pay out a commission$.

One word of warning, it is easy to get ripped off on the net using a booking agent. DONT DO IT. *Book direct with the place you want to stay at, and pay them directly to avoid dissapointment/rip offs/scams.

Hope u vist some QLD members if u have a few hours.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !