Author Topic: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition  (Read 19160 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »

Just got back from Daniel's, great hospitality as always, thanks mate!

Now for the game......

I'm not a big Stern fan, and one of my biggest gripes is the photoshopped "artwork" that has become their mainstay. Pinball until the 2000's was very much a place for pop art, and Stern let this tradition fall to the wayside. Probably as much due to their focus on movie themes I suppose.

Well Metallica turns back the clock and delivers a brilliant art package, absolutely wonderful artwork in my opinion - well done Stern!!  ^^^ Such a difference to AC/DC which is unnecessarily ugly IMO....

As for game play, I definately was not on my game tonight, and with four players games it was hard to get into as much as I would have liked. I might let KTM450 write a bit about it, because he managed some great balls and set some scores that Dan might have to eliminate with a software update..... But my impressions were extremely positive. The game did not seem to suffer with the overly long ball times that I dislike in many Stern games, and played fast and furious (which I **do** like). The lighting effects are terrific, the music is great, overall this game seems a real winner.

At the risk of being labeled a WMS fanboi, I will say (and this is meant as very much a compliment)- this game has a strong WMS feel in a lot of ways - solid fast gameplay, a real blast to play.

Well done Daniel, I think you've got a keeper there mate!!

AC/DC had a similar feel when I played my first few games. It felt like I was playing a Bally / Williams - it felt THAT GOOD. But then again, I LOVE C.S.I. - I think that is a very underrated machine, and it plays nothing like a B/W. Glad to hear the good reports on Stern's latest games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia