Author Topic: Judge dredd left fire button problem  (Read 232 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Judge dredd left fire button problem
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »
Have  done up a Judge Dredd that had been sitting under a house for a few years, and everything is sweet except for a bizzare problem.

When the ball is directed into the left shooter lane from the Air Raid ramp, and it goes into missile launch mode, you are meant to hit the left fire button to launch the ball. Doesn't work.... BUT

The left fire button is fine in switch edges test AND during gameplay in that you can change the chain feature.

The left lane rollover switch is fine in test mode and gameplay when the ball rolls into the lane (except from the air raid), and the diode on the switch tests fine (disconnected one leg).

The solenoid that fires tests and works fine - also works fine in normal gameplay, in that if the ball rolls down there (not in Air raid), it shoots the ball out instantly - but during multiball, if the ball drains there, it will wait until all other balls are drained, then do a ball search and shoot it/them out.

The clue i think is something to do with the rollover switch in the left lane, as in the switch edges test, when you press this switch, the deadworld motor and the crane motor both move for a half second (the left shooter lane solenoid also pulses ever so slightly (maybe 4-7mm of movement).

The other thing i noticed is during the solenoid test, if the coin door lockout switches aren't pressed in, every solenoid that should be firing (but doesn't due to door open) the motors turn a bit then as well as it cycles through the solenoids in the test, but when you hold the lockout switches in to fire the solenoids, the motors don't move (except during the appropriate tests)

I've seen some other suggestions that its something to do with the centre drop target, but the opto works fine, and they all reset fine as well.

Have also swapped trough boards, CPU and ROM with no difference, all switches work 100%, with no double firing of switches....

Any help?

Thanks

Rob

Offline Jim001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Judge dredd left fire button problem
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:58 AM »
Hi Rob,

Don't know where you are on resolving your problem but I checked the following on my working Judge Dredd.  When you press the left lane rollover switch without coin door lockout switch pressed, deadworld and the crane both move a little as you described.  When the lockout switch is pressed, the left lane solenoid fires as you described.  So that performance is normal.  What I do not see is any movement at all of the left lane solenoid without the coin door lockout switch pressed as you described.

For the solenoid test, without the coin door lockout switch pressed, deadworld turns a little for each solenoid test (except those marked not used).  With it pressed it operates as expected (as you described).  So your games operation here seems normal.

The only difference I noted was the left shooter lane solenoid movement without the coin door lockout switch pressed noted above.