Author Topic: APR - Moving !  (Read 147424 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: APR - Moving !
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 10:21:21 PM »
You forgot to remove the "sold" signs.

LOL that was too much effort for a quick mock up  %.%
DW Drums rule !

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »
Congrats Nino on taking your business to a whole new level. I'm sure you will do well!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »

I love the signage. I'd suggest the Fathom playfield picture would cost a fortune, but it looks cool ! I think I might go with three pictures of pinball - An EM, SS and DMD.

My next door neighbor is a security camera system supplier ! Got that sorted out straight away  ^^^

Stern dealer ? No. Definitely not  ^&^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 02:54:29 PM »
Good luck with move to Brand Drive.

Thanks Jamie. A friend of mine had a factory across the road and I used to catch up with him for lunch every now and again. Thankfully, that noodle shop closed down and now it is just a "take away".

There are about 20 noodle shops down the road from me along with another 20 dumpling shops and - and - and - and %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Shaneus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 03:42:22 PM »
Well done Nino! Let us know if you're taking on any apprenticeships lol

And please, if you're holding some kind of a special opening thing... don't make it during either the grand prix or the weekend of the 28-30 March (when I'm away at the Texas Pinball Festival. Appreceate it ;)

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »
Congrats on the new premises

how about CPR Distributor then ?

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
Nice one Wotto  ()

Offline Limorange

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:00 AM »
That's fantastic! Nothing better than getting a bigger place.
I can lend a hand moving if you need it.

Marty Machine

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 02:06:54 PM »
Good to hear!! ya don't want rubbish amongst the real pins :-)

Marty Machine

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 02:23:34 PM »
My next door neighbor is a security camera system supplier ! Got that sorted out straight away  ^^^
Yep, that should be the absolute FIRST thing to get done, long before filling the place with valuables...and you can NEVER have too many cameras covering all aspects of your building.

my 2c...

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
As mentioned earlier, the first thing I've done is engage my next door neighbor to quote on an alarm / monitoring system. A bollard will also be placed inside, directly behind the roller door. I'm not going to divulge info regarding the security system, but i can be there onsite from my house within 4 minutes during peak hour. There is also a massive wrought iron fence that auto closes at a certain hour and can only be opened via remote control. There's only one way in / out.

WORST case scenario is a ram raid and the thieves loading one machine before I get there. I can "look after" myself  %%$

The location and existing security was the governing factor in selecting this building. Research on the building indicates it is very well constructed (as Jeff pointed out), and there will be a "blue chip" company building the factory which is located on the street.

I DO appreciate ALL the ideas and comments put forward. The kind words of encouragement are also greatly appreciated. Things will change in Melbourne regarding the (lack of) social pinball scene and interstate members will be more than welcome.

Certainly - if anyone is in the racking and pallet lifting industry - feel free to contact me, as I need quotes on storage etc !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
a big congrats Nino,living the dream  ^^^

I love the concept Wotto - very cool
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
Things will change in Melbourne regarding the (lack of) social pinball scene.

Great to hear, long overdue! Also happy to help with the move if you need.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »
As mentioned earlier, the first thing I've done is engage my next door neighbor to quote on an alarm / monitoring system. A bollard will also be placed inside, directly behind the roller door. I'm not going to divulge info regarding the security system, but i can be there onsite from my house within 4 minutes during peak hour. There is also a massive wrought iron fence that auto closes at a certain hour and can only be opened via remote control. There's only one way in / out.

WORST case scenario is a ram raid and the thieves loading one machine before I get there. I can "look after" myself  %%$

The location and existing security was the governing factor in selecting this building. Research on the building indicates it is very well constructed (as Jeff pointed out), and there will be a "blue chip" company building the factory which is located on the street.

I DO appreciate ALL the ideas and comments put forward. The kind words of encouragement are also greatly appreciated. Things will change in Melbourne regarding the (lack of) social pinball scene and interstate members will be more than welcome.

Certainly - if anyone is in the racking and pallet lifting industry - feel free to contact me, as I need quotes on storage etc !

tick, well done/said NINO.

I wish u were nearby Nino cause I could share the local pallet racking company that I engaged to supply me with enough storage/racking for 80 machines.
It cost me $2400 cash only brand new for the first set to store apx 50 machines. I could recommend exactly which product and what size of everything for pinball machines if u wanted to save a lot of homework. Bargain n much cheaper than I thought it would be. I reckon the guy up here has the cheapest pricing in Australia. I went wholesale from the importer located on the Gold Coast n reckon the pallet racking is the bees knees. Blue and orange in colour n fully powdercoated etc etc. The pallet racking I purchased was easy to build, and was designed to take almost 2 and a half times the weight of a pinball machine.
It took me apx 2 hrs to build enough for the first 40 machines etc. If u are interested I could send u sizes/costs n some photos.

The trick is not to buy stuff that is double the price cause each bay will hold 2 tonnes when u don't need such thick steel.
Anyway, happy to help, post some info if u need any help from someone who did the pallet racking to store a lot of machines.

I could always take a photo of the product n see if u can find the same stuff for the same price down your way. If anyone quotes u anymore than $2400 to store apx 50 machines, they are having a lend. I went two machines high. That way u don't have to buy a forklift or one of those electric Crown lifts if u don't want to. If u go three or 4 machines high, it is still pro rata the cost, so u can go higher, and it doesn't blow the budget if u do want to have a forklift or Crown lifter. Hope it helps. Let me know if u want some photos posted of what I have purchased n the exact weight n sizes, design etc.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:29:01 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
Cleaned up the thread a little.

For the discussion on Alarm Systems - please look here - http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12038.0