Author Topic: I'm wrapped! The Bally/Stern MPU project is now REAL!  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
A small update

The assembly manual is now finished (50 pages chocka with pictures and diagrams) as is all the other paperwork. As a point of interest we estimate assembly time to be 10~12 hours without rushing.

We are assembling the first batch of 20 kits right NOW! We are still waiting on a few parts to arrive and that could take another week or possibly two depending on the post.

I will assemble a third board in a day or so using 2716's and use it in my Bally Space Invaders as that is about the only configuration we haven't actually assembled and tested. I don't forsee any issues however.

We have decided the kits will include ALL small parts:

All resistors (including 2 of them upgraded to 1W and 2W)
All capacitors inc greencap, ceramic and electro
All transistors/diodes & LED
All 'hardware' parts such as connectors/turned pin sockets/test points/LED spacer/2W resistor spacer eyelets
Chokes/4 x 8 way DIP switches/CR2032 holder & batt/memory switch/reset sw/NEW test jumper lead

Basically EVERY part needed to assemble a fully functional PCB but less EPROMS and ALL I.C's

I have all I.C's in stock so they are available as people need them including the 'add-on' Oscillator board as a seperate 'mini-kit'.

OK - "how much" I hear you asking.............

This has yet to be 100% confirmed but I'm pretty confident it will be right:

1 X MPU kit as described above with instructions & inc post (in Australia) $129.00
add-on oscillator kit (when purchased with an MPU kit) $15.00

COMPLETE kit including all I.C's except EPROMS $185.00 in 6800 version or $170 in 6802 version.

EPROMS (programmed with software as requested) $14 each for NEW 2716 - $15 each for NEW 2732 or $10 each for used (either type).

Note the NEW red test lead that we supply (new test points built in and supplied) - this lead makes it easy for bench testing to generate the seventh pulse.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals