Author Topic: white water ramp and metal thing.... if there is ment to be one!  (Read 177 times)

Offline pokermachine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hey all,
stripped my white water over the long weekend and my disaster drop ramp is broken.... the hole was filled with foam... not gonna put that back hopefully!

anyone have this ramp? also from looking at pics on the net it has a metal guide on the left hand side of the ramp.... will need that too... is that factory or a add on??

also my whirlpool ramp has a few splits at its exit and a chip on the top... it is still totally usable but hey while we are hunting.....

what other white water bits have people got laying around??? never know... i may need that too  ^^^

Thanks,

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Greg sells the ramps here:

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=33_148&sort=2a&page=2

You will need to make the ramp protectors yourself, although you probably dont really need them as Gregs ramps are much thicker than the originals and should not require the extra protection considering the ramps are a fairly straight shot off the flippers.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I think I still have a spare topper control board if you need it.
Great game, I love mine!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
There are a few pics of the metal guides in this restoration thread:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=1404.0

I can take a few more pics if you need close ups

Offline pokermachine

• Forum Posts:
Thanks all for all the help so far... was there a metal guide on the left hand side of the disaster drop ramp from factory or has everyone just made one up?
Seems weird that every other ramp has one but maybe that would explain why it has broken.

The trouble i see with new ramps would be riveting on the metal flap... they have some fancy flat rivet, sure the decals wouldn't be too hard to find, but thats why im trying here first... a used ramp would have decals and flap all ready to go. Any idea on how to use the flat rivets? 

Thanks for the post about topper boards... mine work well... The machine occasionally resets its self but i don't think it would be from those boards so i don't think i need them... sure someone would have a machine without topper that is looking for some.... any takers??

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Yes there is a metal guide on the left.
The reason it has broken is not that guide nearly every WH20 I have seen had broken ramps they cop a beating once the targets move a bit the ball can impact the front edges of the ramps.
That is why the reproductions are so good heaps thicker and guaranteed for 12 months (better check with Greg but I think that was the case)  They also come with new ramp flaps already riveted to them to save you the dramas

Offline pokermachine

• Forum Posts:
Ah cool, they are solving all problems then arnt they. Will have to check then out  ^^^