Author Topic: Problem with a woodrail  (Read 163 times)

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
Problem with a woodrail
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Hi All, I have a problem (self inflicted) with my Queen Of Diamonds....Can anyone set me straight. I was messing about with the plugs which determine when the machine will give replays (in the head)...Couldn't make much sense of these, and when I 'finished' this problem became apparent.
         Problem: when I try to start a game, the coil on the ball trough doesn't pull in, therefore the balls don't roll out of the ball trough, and hence the game won't complete the start-up cycle. If I manually push that coil in (balls roll down of course) BEFORE starting a new game, then the machine will go through its normal start-up. The game then plays and ends as per normal. The 4th and 5th ball contacts in the ball trough appear to be ok, and manually open and close as they should.
         I can't see anything wrong with the ball trough coil, and don't know what I may have done to cause this problem. Could I have caused a short circuit when playing with the replay plugs in the head?? or is this something completely different?? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Problem with a woodrail
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:27:35 AM »
Sounds like the ball trough coil is not getting the pulse to open... one of your switches in the start up sequence is out of whack. From memory, the ball has to roll over a switch under the apron for game to commence
GTB start up sequence can be found on Clays site - follow this through.
There is normally a switch in GAME RELAY ( or equivalent) etc that tells coil to open and close