Author Topic: WTB (kinda) - WMS No Fear  (Read 814 times)

Offline Shaneus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: WTB (kinda) - WMS No Fear
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:57:36 PM »
Hope it works out. pinball prices are up n down like a yo yo at the moment.
I have been following pinball prices very carefully month by month for apx 5 years, and its always a up n down affair. But a few hundred here or there is not much if its a keeper or a 3 or 4 year keep for the collection.

Even having seen about ten containers unpacked with first choice, I have always paid the most to get the better condition model (if there are doubles or triples per container) and some I buy needing work if its really really cheap).

NO FEAR is a machine that's a Steve Ritchie Sleeper for sure. Just play one working, with updated roms n you shld be happy if the rear right ramp and ball accelerator are working. The video sold me, then I just got one straight from the container the day it landed and we unpacked. Then straight away I got full cabinet decals brand new from Wayne. That made it like brand new. You don't see that many around, but I believe there are quite a few in Australian collections cause it has a bit of something sporty for everyone. Good family pin or for someone who has a bar set up at home. It fits right in and screams action Jackson.
That's all perfect info! The one I had a go of today played beautifully... except nothing on the upper ramp registered at all :/ Still had an absolute blast though, so it's definitely added to the wish list. About the only thing with this is that it doesn't have the cachet of a more popular pin, but I guess that's reflected in the price and not necessarily the quality. Also means that'd reflect it's resale value too but like you said, if it's a 3-4 year or keeper pin, it won't much matter. Given I've only owned my first for 6 months or so, I have no idea how long I'd keep any machine for!

Also looks like it's itching for a Colour DMD conversion. The animations look like they were made for a colour screen, it's a shame they're (currently) not.

Did you make the trip up what did you think of it?
See above :) Worth the trip just to experience it more on Visual Pinball, but was a shame that it wasn't 100% in working order. Weird, considering the rest of the game was playing super tight (except for a slightly sticky right lower flipper).