Author Topic: Bally Gas Display replacement (prototype just for fun)  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Well I have just crunched the numbers using the Jaycar catalogue as a price guide.

NOTES:

(1) Jaycar 7 segment displays are 13.2mm high (I would supply 18 or 20mm ones) so the Jaycar price is conservative
(2) The displays supplied would NOT look like the original glass as the segments are wider and the 7 digit displays would have a 'full stop' NOT a 'comma'
(3) the displayed '6' and '9' do not have 'tails' as in the original display
(4) I am unsure at this point of available colours in this size - it may be that only 'standard' LED colours would be available (excluding Orange)
(5) This would be a 'build it yourself' project and would be supplied as a kit with instructions
(6) I am still working on a 5 volt supply to run these displays so there is no load on the machines existing power supplies
(7) There would be NO modifications required to your machine - everything plugs in and can be removed leaving no trace

Pricing the 10 PCB's required at my cost price ($5 each), the kit of 5 X complete displays and using the Jaycar prices as a guide the COST OF PARTS for this project would be $289.60.............

Would people be prepared to pay  -  -  -  -  -  -  (a bit of a guess here) around $199 or maybe as high as $249 for this complete KIT?????

Opinions sought please.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals