Author Topic: Stern Ali Restore  (Read 11236 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Ali Restore
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »
OKAAAYYYY... So somehow by fart-arseing around with folders on Photo Bucket i have managed to screw up my pics in the previous posts  ^&^ ^&^ ^&^
NOT HAPPY  ^.^ ^.^

Anyway some new pics, showing where i'm up to, Touch-ups completed and playfield remylared.

I made NEW wood side rails for the playfield, as the original vinyl (or contact??) rails were in a bit of a sorry state. So rather than try to refurbish the originals i decided it'd be a LOT quicker just to re-make them. I purchased a 3 meter length of 12mm x 30mm Tassie Oak from Bunnings and had it trimmed down to the correct dimensions (1 1/8 inch high). Rather than wasting time and money trying to source some new covering for them i decided to just paint them.

A couple of coats of primer followed by a few coats of black had them looking the part! Because i didn't put heaps of primer/filler on them the wood grain is still visible so they actually look pretty close to the originals  #*#

And fitted to the playfield!

More parts being fitted;

One of the ball trough guides needed repair, one of the mounting legs was broken off so i fashioned a new angle bracket and attached it to the guide.

The stainless guide from the top extra ball lane had a mounting leg missing, so i raided a replacement leg from an old Stern guide i found in my stash of parts, and fitted it using small screws and nuts.

A few more pics showing where i'm up to so far.. Shouldn't be too much longer now!!