Author Topic: Rubbers or rubber kits  (Read 114 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Rubbers or rubber kits
« on: March 28, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
Hi Guys
Does anyone local preferably a site member make up and sell full rubber kits or maybe even sell bulk mixed packs of rubbers? I need to re-rubber 2 machines and would prefer to just order and have them posted instead of driving around to pick them up.
Also are there different quality in rubbers as one of my machines I need to re rubber was recently fully shopped out and the rubbers look almost new but keep breaking which has never happened to me before. I figure they are either really cheap or really  old stock.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Rubbers or rubber kits
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »
Rubber kits can be wrong, so you are best to workout what you want and order those

Also are there different quality in rubbers as one of my machines I need to re rubber was recently fully shopped out and the rubbers look almost new but keep breaking which has never happened to me before. I figure they are either really cheap or really  old stock.

A couple of years ago I did hear of a batch of rubbers from a supplier (cannot remember who) that broke easily
I guess rubbermakes can make a bad batch sometimes
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:26:56 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline humpalot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
The pure white mini post rings frequently break.  The off white ones are better.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »
with balls now travelling at the speed of light with new fully shopped games, or even brand new Sterns, I am buying those really shiny plastically feel, but still seems likmix of rubber n plastic in their construction, and have syayed away from simple OLD rubbers cause they just aren't cutting the mustard.

if you know the ones I am talking about, they feel like a 3/4 cooked piece of macaroni and I think they are called post quides versus post rubbers. hope it helps.....I still get heaps of bounce in the right areas, just no breaks at all.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !