Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Prometheus
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
Thank fook Tom Cruise is NOT in it, i'm sick of that idiot ruining potentially good movies !

Sadly most critics & reviews will often start with "Great 3D" and "fantastic special effects" which are perfect reasons NOT to see a movie.
Nobody focuses on the content anymore, the actual story, start-middle-finish, a 2 hour journey that takes me away somewhere else, entertains me, scares the shyte outta me etc etc.

Anyone who actively goes to see movies because "they're in 3D" or "have fantastic FX" are complete zombies, brainwashed by hollywood trends who completely miss the point!

The sooner hollywood gets over their 3D fad the better, and perhaps focus on content & storyline will become important again.
Sadly, hollywood have run out of ideas and s.c.r.i.p.t.s, so the eternal avalanche of sequels & prequels will seemingly never end, or until that fad runs dry in a few years ;-)

As for bladerunner sequel/prequel, they should have been made 30 years ago too to capture the essence of the original story.
Today, they'll just stuff it up with the current trends & requirements of "movie-formula".

Amen.  ;-)

lol and we end up back in the mid 90's with the big movies like "speed" or "Independence day" and all those other brain dead movies that came out in the era and were just blockbuster hollywood BS lol i think we are heading back to those days again.

pinnies4me  its interesting the reason you hate it is the reason i want to watch it, i guess like wotto said dont expect it to be like alien. which is good for me i hate alien lol. i do like messed up movies that are bit out of the box. im so hoping this is one of them.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »
but I simply didn't care what happened to them.

:lol Hahahahahaha - so she and the head can just F**K right on off then  :lol

Exactly!! :-)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
 :lol@ Stargate!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »
This just gets better and better with more viewings.
The next two films in this series are going to be insane!!

Marty Machine

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
....still waiting for Star Wars episodes 7,8, & 9 to convert from book to movie, although it might just be another yawn-affair, too political when they did 1,2,3 prequals......

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »
....still waiting for Star Wars episodes 7,8, & 9 to convert from book to movie, although it might just be another yawn-affair, too political when they did 1,2,3 prequals......

ive leave that for you, i wont be loosing sleep over any star wars film new or old.  (((

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
Went and watched this Prometheus movie and the theatre was apx a quarter full because it was a monday night and it was a 9.30 pm start.

I enjoyed the movie and was 80 percent happy with it. I would have changed some things around because certain parts of it just didnt blend together well at all. But overall, a much better movie for me than than Avengers in every way, shape n form.  This was a adults movie where Avengers was a kids movie so u cant really compare them but I liked this Sci-fi much better.

I then had the opportunity to then go back and watch it again and took my brother Rob. Again it was a 9.30 pm start on a Wednesday night and my brother and I were the only 2 people in the whole 300 seat cinema. I asked the attendant who came in just before the movie started if he could crank it even louder than usual and he did which was awesome. I enjoyed it a bit more the 2nd viewing. My brother walked out asking me fifty questions about WTF went on about the storyline.lol

I did watch a 40 minute interview featuring Ridley Scott talking about the next movie after Prometheus and he says that the last bit of remaining ALIEN DNA was left at the ending of that movie, and no more ALIEN stuff at all would be in the next 2 films etc. He basically said it was time the original Alien stuff in every shape n form was finished/layed to rest and the next films would be totally fresh and have no more Alien stuff in them at all, so to speak. This makes the next 2 films even better in some ways, if the next movie has a more indepth storyline so to speak. Prometheus was good, but it could have been a bit better.

Bring on the next film !  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline millsy

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »
I decided to go and watch this movie for two reasons - I like my Sci-Fi movies and this was my introduction to 3D.
Sat down and the coming soon movies started - Put my 1950s style 3d glasses on, first short was some animated cat movie, 3d ok, next short was Spiderman 3D ok (Too many things flying around the screen) Then the main movie started (Prometheus) - Wow the 3d blew me away and did enjoy the film.
Not sure why it was better (more expensive 3d cameras or more wider landscape shots).
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
Many people find this film very hard to follow, the 2nd act is very muddled and the screenplay is not the best( it is written by the LOST people..enough said there) but if you do some basic research on the Annunaki and the Nephilim you will get some of the answers you need.
No more Alien related stuff in the comming films???
How do you expalin the space jockey then...it isnt the same as the original film.
The moon they are on is NOT the moon from the original two alien films.
I liked this film a lot and have seen it a few times and look forward to the next two but AVENGERS is a better, more complete and enjoyable film. #@#
I actually liked this more the 2nd time around in 2d to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:40:12 AM by Cow Corner »