Author Topic: Where do i get LONG lengths/rolls of braid-wire for under Playfield (GI) wiring?  (Read 1614 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Well today wasn't much better.

I visited TITAN, NHP and VEALLS (All Electrical Wholesalers that my work deals with in Victoria).
None of them could help me with the stranded pinny wire/cable.

I did however grab a roll of 1mm SOLID copper wire for $33 for 100metre roll (my trade price).
The bummer is i have to strip it, but it might be worth the effort if nothing else is around.
It bends nicely and in very tight curves with no effort. (the bends in the photo are about 1cm curves).

I managed to solder the sample (pictured) in around 3 seconds with no preparation other than stripping the plastic off.
(the plastic is soft and cuts easy with art-knife, and slips off in long lengths nicely too).

The multistrand which was only available in 1.5mm doesn't have twisted stands along the length of cable, so you'd need to twist or solder the strands together every few cm's to keep it together....ugly !

I'm trying to find long rolls of this stuff but pre-tinned if possible, would be nicer than bare (corroding) copper.

I'll ring/visit a few more cable places tomorrow,,,,getting there...
Marty.