Author Topic: LED - GHOST ROMS ? Indy Jones and others etc ?  (Read 6267 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
LED - GHOST ROMS ? Indy Jones and others etc ?
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
A few months ago Beaky (Andy) fitted some new Roms to my STNG which stops the ghosting when you put LED's into the machine. We tested the Roms, and with LED's before and after the ghosting roms were added and the ghost roms worked a treat.

Does anyone know of a set of ghost roms for Indianna Jones WMS 1993 Widebody, and if so , could u list a link to them.

Also, if anyone has access to any other roms for any other machines whereby the new update roms stop LED ghosting, it would be good to see them listed for all of the members benefit and use. I dont know who was the author for the STNG ghost roms, but they work really really well.

Any ghost roms for Indianna Jones ?  Any help would be appreciated. !  ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:54:23 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: LED - GHOST ROMS ? Indy Jones and others etc ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »
A patched eprom for your indy with the led flickering / ghosting problem is on the way  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
Thanks Andy  ^^^

I have a friend who wants to buy some patched roms as well for some of his Williams machines. The new roms fix the led flicker/ghosting which looks real crap until the new rom is added. I just remembered u can supply them for WPC models etc. Any member who has stuck LEDS in a late model Williams shld seriously look at the big difference the new rom makes. big improvement. small expense.

Maybe do a list of machines u can sell them for. The new patched rom is a must for anyone replacing std bulbs with LEDS. It makes a very big improvement and looks so much better. thanks again.  u r a legend as usual.  ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:06:28 AM »
Does the patched rom work for a combo of bulbs and LEDs or just full led conversion.

I ask because in my creature I have put a combo in, mainly to get some colour under some inserts, but do get some ghosting. Can you do a creature rom?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Does the patched rom work for a combo of bulbs and LEDs or just full led conversion.

I ask because in my creature I have put a combo in, mainly to get some colour under some inserts, but do get some ghosting. Can you do a creature rom?

Beaky has done anti ghosting roms for all my pins including cftbl, I haven't put leds in creech yet but I am sure it will be fine....they have worked a treat in every other pin beaky has burnt them for.
+1 to Bretts comment...Andy is a deadset ledgend!! I am not too proud to admit that I would be lost without much of his help.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »

both combo and full led conversions
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »
Whether u have 1 led in the machine or 200, the ghost roms are a must.

U can have half std bulbs n half leds, the ghost rom just stops the Led flicker when there shld be no bulb/led flicker or slight Led glow at all.

Just got to work out a ghost rom for alot of my sega pinball games and some data east etc.

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:22 PM »
Beaky Recently knocked me up some anti-ghosting roms for my T2 and Getaway, ^^^

well worth doing IMHO,

Made a huge diff on T2 which suffered badly from Ghosting once I Had installed Leds..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
Beaky Recently knocked me up

damn beaky it has that effect lol

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »
 !@)  &&

need i say anything else  ()

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Might not want to advertise these.

I am one of the 'official' providers of Bally and WMS ROMS and have been told to not program 'modified' ROMS as it violates the licensing agreements.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
The pinball industry has to move on and forwards. This constant licencing haunted house scenairio is completely ruining this great hobby. U cant fart with your own machine and the ghostly apparitions of the licence dead world come flying around. (imagine pictures here of evil spirits flying around scare-ing good honest pinball peoples.lol  %.%).

I firmly believe in this country (Australia) we shld be able to program what we want onto our own game roms. Which is what Beaky does mostly for free to help people out with ghosting LED issues. I mean really, shld we all sit around waiting for a dead company to come back to life, which it NEVER will to help out pinball owners with their 2012 pinball requirements. Williams is stuck in a time bubble of 1998. The world has moved on.

Its such a shame this industry has to slink around and do all the great work, the great mods like its secret squirrel school all the time. I have never seen such a large hobby living 15 years in the past like the pinball industry does. The whole dam hobby is a underground movement. How friggin sad.

Thanks for the heads up anyway John. But Williams will be holding its breath for a very long time if it expects Australian pinball owners to live without Roms which have been upgraded to fix ghosting LEDs since we live in the age of LEDs. Thats my thinking.

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »
I hear ya

I operate a legitimate business and in the states, if I want to program Bally and WMS ROMS, they get a hologram sticker and of course, there is an associated fee for the sticker. I have to follow 'the rules' if I want the ability to program the ROMS.

When Wayne was in your country, he was able to shut down a lot of activities in my country, so I don't see what stops Planetary in the US from doing the same in yours. Plenty of stuff goes on behind closed doors in the US, and I wouldn't expect anything differently in any other country - just thought I'd bring it up.

Nobody can stop anyone from running modified ROMS in their machine, or even modifying the ROMS - if the person doing the modified ROMS is running them in *their* own machine. When you provide a service to a person - even if you say you are only charging for the service and the chip - not the software - it crosses the 'official' line. If I were offering a forbidden service, I wouldn't want it advertised, as even if I could get away with it, I wouldn't want to deal with the harassment.

Having said that, if I didn't think that LEDs were absolute garbage in 99% of pinball applications, I'd want the ROMS myself :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:38:59 AM by johnwartjr »

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 06:42:44 PM »
As far as I am aware Wayne *IS* still in this country? That aside, perhaps Planetary Pinball aren't as aggressive with the policing or perhaps they don't see any harm in certain things that previously were pounced on from a great height?

I don't know this of course - I'm guessing that they have better things to do than put the weights on all and sundry for perceived or actual breaches of very very VERY old rights that surely must be alsmost expired anyway?

It is my opinion that we will see all sorts of 'stuff' become available very soon and when the flood starts, well, good luck to them trying to stop it.….....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals