Author Topic: Heres a thought......( future pinball displays DMD or LCD Screens )  (Read 400 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I predict dmd for Pro model games.

LCD for LE games.

DMD should stay because DMD has constant movement and does its job very well. Just look how little the WOZ one moves/does little during most gameplay to then realise how much DMD action u are missing from a normal game.

Keep DMD in every game, and replace half of the translite area with a LCD for LE buyers who want to fork out the extra.

Just because LCD is in a WOZ, does NOT mean LCD will now become the norm. Just look at Pin2000, it didnt become the norm in any pinball after it was invented, and u have plenty of room in a backbox for a LCD screen today, but if a LCD doesnt do much during gameplay, it wont be wanted as much as people think. Also, because a DMD is set very low, u can see most of it during half of the normal gameplay, but you cannot look up much higher and watch a large LCD during ball/fast gameplay, cause u cant watch the playfield n monitor at the same time cause it is too high.

LCD will not totally replace the DMD in my mind at all.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !