Author Topic: Williams Indiana Jones The Adventure Restoration  (Read 3556 times)

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Looking nice  ^^^ , Before you started did you have any bounce out issues with the mode start hole? If so I'm thinking now might be the time to try and correct it.

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Thanks *%*
No real issues with 'bounce' from the mode start before resto, so fingers crossed that will be the case after.
Cheers

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Playfield re-installed and powered it up.....and to my very happy surprise, it worked #*#

Ran a switch test only to find the idol exit switch was dead. Worked before, lucky enough I had a spare, and bingo all good.

Mode start bounce....bugger me, worked fantastic before and now the ball will only stay in the hole if I place it there delicately by hand. That means mini playfield is coming out ^&^

Please any suggestions on this one. 2 new flipper bats, left one staying locked into place, the right one slipping no matter how tight I do the clamp, any tighter an I'm going to break something. I even used very rough sand paper to score long ways on the flipper bat shaft, to rough up the surface. No go !@# still slipping.

Overall I'm fairly happy with myself. IJ is looking pretty sweet - bling shots to come once I sort out these few issues.

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Did you replace the clamp on the flipper mechanism? If it is too bent it will never grip the flipper shaft even if you try to bend it out. I have read of a few fixes for the bounce out issue. 1.washers between the saucer and the playfield. 2. Padding stuck behind the hole. 3. Slotting the holes in the bracket behind the hole to move it back. Adding a cliffy which you have already done. I would be interested to know how you go with it as I have an Indy with the same issue.

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
No, have not replaced the clamp. Will aim to strip down the whole assembly in the next couple of days. May have to bite the bullet and buy 2 overall kits. Aust post is making a fortunate out of me with all these orders ^&(

Pin side has some good write ups for the bounce, saw member dluth comment on one with success. Going to add washers to the cup, and firstly try bending the backing plate, the ball is just banging into it. I'm guessing I replaced it in as lightly more forward position,despite using the same screw holes,in any case it did work well before I added the cliffy. But I reckon I will end up removing and adding foam. Will let you know my results.

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
No, have not replaced the clamp. Will aim to strip down the whole assembly in the next couple of days. May have to bite the bullet and buy 2 overall kits. Aust post is making a fortunate out of me with all these orders

Yep, A rebuild kit is the way to go. You also may want to consider changing the plastic bush which goes through the playfield. They are cheap and don't come with the rebuild kit.

I know what you mean about paying the postie. Had that issuse on my first restoration. Many times I was saying to myself, "Now i need to get one of those!!" This time I am trying to resist buying anything till I get it totally stripped and a list together. Bet I still miss a few things though.  @.@

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Put the old flipper bat back on the RHS and see if it tightens.

I have received "new" flipper bats in the past where the shaft was manufactured narrower than normal and would not grip no matter how tight it was made.

I might have some spare bats and rebuild kits anyway - I'll have a dig in my pile of spares and see what I can send.  ^^^

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Well done mate, great effort. Replace the black rubbers with white will make future cleaning a lot easier.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Yeah, i started getting bounce outs from the mode start once I put a Cliffy in. Removed the plate altogether, put drop dead foam at the back and left side and now probably 90% of balls stay in there.
I still can't quite get my POA dialled in   !@#

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
I'm done #*#

All working, and very happy with my results on my first resto.

Mode start update, added a single washer to the underside of the 4 screws of the cup. Removed the back plate and bent it more vertical at the screw point. Then re-positioned it in the vice and rolled it over like a wave shape. Did not add rubber or anything else, and so far so good, 9 out of 10 balls capturing

Here are the pics, unfortunately sun is out in Adelaide but not high enough in the sky yet!

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
more

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Last lot

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
and for a video attempt

&feature=youtu.be

Big of a laugh.... ^^^

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Looks fantastic, great job on the decals. I'm envious!

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Looks fantastic! What's your next project?  #@#