Author Topic: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay  (Read 7418 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:07:05 PM »
if you ever need / want a snackbar mod just let me know.

Thanks mate.

Had today off with the kids, so while they played in the shed, i pulled the playfield apart.

Nothing too dramatic - i tend to just chukc all the screws, nuts and bolts in one container, don't bother labelling stuff, as there are only 3 or 4 different types, and it is fairly obvious when to use a machine screw vs wood screw.  I do take a photo of every piece as i remove it, then view the photos in reverse order for reassembly.

There was some mylar around the pops, put the playfield out in out hot North Qld sun for 10 mins, and it peeled off quite nicely - two small areas of art came off, but really quite small.

The worst bit was the mongrel wood screws at the top of the inlanes.  The top was flogged out, so i cut a slot with the dremel to remove it with a flat screwdriver

So of course, then the screw snapped half way down

So then put the vise grip on what was left of the screw....and it sheared off at playfield level GGGGRRRRRRR!!!

So i guess my only option now is to try and centre punch the remaining bit, drill it out with a fine drill bit, then refill the hole

Anyway, this is what it looks like now

All stripped, with just the rails to be removed, i'm thinking this might be my first KBS Clear coat attempt!