Author Topic: GTB Hit The Deck first EM restoration  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Pauly540

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • BOTANY NSW
Re: GTB Hit The Deck first EM restoration
« on: January 27, 2013, 11:37:35 PM »
Thanks Oldskool & Pinbologist,
I hope members don't mind, but I have completed the cabinet painting process and I am staggering my post's, because my typing skills are not up to speed. I now love EM machines. How satisfying is it to study a schematic and finally 'find out' why this or that wasn't working. 
Back to my project:

A3 Tracing paper from Officeworks, comes in a x20 pack. The carbon paper, to transfer the tracing to stencil also came from Officeworks x10 pack.
The endless circles were driving me nuts with my wobbly free hand skills, so forced me to return to Officeworks for a circular ruler. Saved many hours of free hand drawing and also helped getting some curves on those dam fish scales.
As I had no chance masking all of those lines and curves, I found a local sign maker/printer that stocked standard size sheets of 0.08mm white plastic. Sorry, I’m being vauge, because I never asked what I was buying. The sheets of plastic are about 20% larger that a pinball side (about the size of a bus stop wall advertisement), so I purchased X4 sheets ($8 each). One for each colour of the side cabinet, one cut in half for each side of the top box and one for the front coin door with excess.
Once traced onto the plastic sheet with carbon paper, now for the many hours spent gently cutting out the curves/lines for a complete (each colour) stencil. I flipped the same stencil when painting, for the same colour on the other side of the cabinet. I think I spent around 10 hours cutting out each colour for the main cabinet stencil. Yes, I've got way to much time on my hands  #@#