Author Topic: GTB Hit The Deck first EM restoration  (Read 1192 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: GTB Hit The Deck first EM restoration
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
That is a great job, lot of work in those stencils, I'm going to have to do some like that soon, not looking forward to it  :lol

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »
Awesome job.
Although when I first looked at the repaint and saw the fish I went WTF? has he done.
How the hell can a card game have a bloody trout on it? Then I looked at the lovely play field and realised that it has some really cool fish and ocean characters on it and thought OH YEAH! a bit like King Neptune.
I wish more ocean themed games were done.
Is it a good player? as it sure looks like a bit of fun.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Pauly540

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • BOTANY NSW
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »
After some research on IPDB, it appears ‘Hit The Deck’, ‘Poseidon’ & ‘Neptune’ all had exactly the same stencils. As far as I can see, the yellow also bleeds through the orange in areas, so I’m not too disheartened.
With two SS restorations going, I think I still prefer working on EM’s, they seem too had built them with quality parts, back in those days.
When playing, matching the cards is a challenge; I’ve spent many hours trying.  #@#
When I get through the SS machines, I think I’m going back to EM. Whenever someone has a play, the chimes, electrical buzzing sound going over switches (especially going slowly over a switch-  BUZZZZZZZ) it brings back so many happy memories from their childhood.
I still have my (each colour) original stencil tracings, so if anyone needs them, I’m more than happy to post them on to someone else working on the above games. Sorry, the cut out templates disintegrated after applying the paint.