Author Topic: Fishtales rescue  (Read 2395 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Fishtales rescue
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »
A fair bit of progress today and yesterday

Got all the playfield back together fully and looking good, hopefully the coloured LEDs i've put in work well as i've tried to match the plastic colour to the LED for the general illumination lights - won't really know until i power it all up

Once that was done, i ventured out of the air conditioning and into the shed.  A bit more time on the sander giving the spray putty a nice smooth finish.  Then i gave a few extra coats of satin black to the inside of the cabinet, plus sprayed all the corners so that when i trim the new decals, there will be black underneath giving a nice edge.  

Then i cut out a new base for the main cabinet - set a guide up by clamping a straight edge down and cut it with the circular saw, then cut out the switch and speaker holes and glued it to the cabinet.

All looks pretty good with the new base and sides all black

I then started to reinstall the cabinet hardware, starting with the earth braid in the headbox.  Doing this stuff is fairly slow, but also good as you can see that the process is getting closer and closer to being able to fire it up for the first time!

Also i've been replacing a few plugs where the old ones are burnt - this is a very common issues, particularly for J120 and J121 which are the two plugs for general illumination.  You can see the old one i've snipped off is well past it and burnt!

Also have spent a lot of time cleaning up the wiring harness (cleaning all the wires with Nifti and rags), painting bolts and bits and pieces ready to install back in the cabinet so everything looks good.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:29:16 PM by robm »