Author Topic: PC Based Pinball Discussion  (Read 12042 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: PC Based Pinball Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »
Pure paranoia.
Mr HOMEPIN, my apple is a doing EXACTLY as it was meant to do and doing it very well. If it wasn't for more and more demands by the consumer wanting it to do more then it will be fine.
You are still missing my point, IF this is a PC based product then it is designed to run one thing - a pinball machine - that's it, nothing else, NADA, ZIP, diddly squat.
Therefore maintenance and product life comes into it. We are still maintaining pinball machines now with the boards you and others produce, coil sleeves, coils etc. the list goes on. The $ we spend on them now keeping them going is ridiculous. So what if 1 or 20 years down the road the motherboard shits itself, if it is still FUN we will fix and probably make it better.
I am NOT having a dig at anyone, though you make it appear to me that we will be doing so much more with this than just using it in a pinball machine.
Everything has a use by date , built in or not. Why spread fear for people who may or are buying PC based pinballs?
Maybe it is just Microsoft you don't like  %.% me too! APPLE through and through.
this is my last comment as it seems to go around and around in circles and getting personal. I just wanted to know  ^^^

p.s. JUKEBOXES are a dead industry - maybe they will make a comeback too. Another can of worms
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.