Author Topic: A few questions before first resto attempt  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: A few questions before first resto attempt
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

I think the smearing technique could work well here, as the wear is not bad - but the planking needs to be flattened with a light sand. If you use mylar to protect your playfield, the raised areas are going to look like crap. If you clearcoat, then it will fill and flatten. Being your first attempt, I would suggest practicing on an old playfield. Do a bit more research on clear coating, as this is a very involved process.

See how you go with the magic eraser, as the playfield will significantly improve after this process.

Lots of great advice and with all the research ive done, i have lots of knowledge to absorb. Yep i really do want to practice all these techniques on a crap PF so i will bump my previous WTB playfield thread..

I looked at pinballrepair site where he does paint and smear and the results werent great in my eyes ... i know the flash photography has something to do with it so i want to try these techniques on something that doesnt matter... otherwise i have to take the plunge and learn on my grand slam  !!!