Author Topic: Great Zeppelin cover under immense pressure - The Heart Sisters !  (Read 589 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hey all - check this out - a workmate tipped me into this today and I had to share it.
I aint the worlds biggest Zeppelin fan ( I like them but dont love them ) , but you have to see this

You have to just imagine the pressure of getting this classic track done right in front of ( now ) Grandpa's Plant and Page and with Bonham Jnr ( son of the original , long deceases drummer for anyone that doesnt know ) in the engine room as well , as well as many other 'distinguished' audience members ( see who you can spot )

Watch it all the way through, and you will see Grandpa Plant brought to tears !
Grandpa Page meanwhile looks like Gough Whitlam !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_DOJa99oo
DW Drums rule !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Wow, they really tore it up there! That was excellent and Heart are no spring chickens themselves either, great performance.
I love Led Zep so thanks for sharing Wotto.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Anne Wilson is the female equivalent of Robert Plant and Ronnie James Dio. Her range is simple incomparable to any other female vocalist. This rendition sends chills down my spine. Heart are a timeless band that have contributed so much to music.

There is no modern "vocalist" that can sing this well, with so much emotion. Thanks for sharing - I LOVE watching classic songs covered by other artists.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
In all honesty i didn't think i would like this... but having just watched it all the way thru... WOW... that was an absolutely breathtaking performance of a classic song!!

Thanks for sharing Wotto  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
The boys have planted a seed more than 40 years ago and now can watch the fruits of their labour. Even brought a tear to Percy's eyes.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I love Heart. Hardly any footage, nor voice from Nancy though.

SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The guitar n vocals were just awesome. Would have loved to see a male vocalist cover it as well.....who to chose but ?

Led Zep did a number of concerts in New York in the late seventies that went for apx 4 hours each. I watched the doco from start to end and I was glued to my seat the entire time. Always loved Led Zep, a very very cool band for sure.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
The guitar n vocals were just awesome. Would have loved to see a male vocalist cover it as well.....who to chose but ?

Led Zep did a number of concerts in New York in the late seventies that went for apx 4 hours each. I watched the doco from start to end and I was glued to my seat the entire time. Always loved Led Zep, a very very cool band for sure.
Saw them in Sydney 1972. Jimmy Page never wears watches and improvises a lot. No two Zeppelin concerts were ever the same. It was common for the 73-75 concerts to last 3 to 4 hours. From memory the Sydney concert was two and a half hours and Plant rated it as one of their top 10.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thanks for Posting Wotto!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I love watching / listening to other bands cover each other's material, especially when they are artists from different genres. Since this is a female artist covering a male band, I found another which is a good listen. Not in the same league as Anne Wilson, but this is a great version of a classic Def Leppard classic "Hysteria" with Taylor Swift.

Note - Most of these brilliant performances cover hard rock / metal music from the 70's and 80's.

Worth a listen ;

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Hey all - check this out - a workmate tipped me into this today and I had to share it.
I aint the worlds biggest Zeppelin fan ( I like them but dont love them ) , but you have to see this

You have to just imagine the pressure of getting this classic track done right in front of ( now ) Grandpa's Plant and Page and with Bonham Jnr ( son of the original , long deceases drummer for anyone that doesnt know ) in the engine room as well , as well as many other 'distinguished' audience members ( see who you can spot )

Watch it all the way through, and you will see Grandpa Plant brought to tears !
Grandpa Page meanwhile looks like Gough Whitlam !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_DOJa99oo

Awesome rendition  *%*

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
For me zeppo would have to be the greatest band ever @@*     I saw Robert Plant in Sydney yrs ago and he was brilliant   

I loved the clip   Thanks for posting       Howzat