Author Topic: EVERY bloody year ........football - OMG  (Read 454 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
EVERY bloody year ........football - OMG
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
EVERY season in the NRL starts with some self implosion and todays revelations kick off 2013 in the standard fashion  ^&^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: EVERY bloody year ........football - OMG
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
EVERY season in the NRL starts with some self implosion and todays revelations kick off 2013 in the standard fashion  ^&^

I must be late on the news, what is going on now?

GO BRONCOS!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
Apparent MASSIVE mis-use of substances and drugs across NRL and AFL clubs.

Yesterday you would have heard about the Essendon situation that flowed to NSW NRL clubs, well it appears THAT has escalated  massively overnight.

There was just a news conference that ran for about 30 mins , we were trying our best to listen at work - basically here comes another enquiry BUT they were saying they already know who the clubs and the players are and its extremely widespread ACROSS AUSTRALIA with officials, doctors, sports scieentists and coaches being accused of 'supplying' etc etc etc

DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Another can or worms......................farrrrrrrrk!

Time to get serious and start banning the guilty, if there are players, officials etc from our club( broncs) involved I would have no problem with them being punted from the game for life.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
DW Drums rule !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
Link just up..........

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/drugs-crime-gangs-linked-to-australian-professional-sport-report/story-e6frg6nf-1226572507090

Very unfortunate, there'll be no winners out of this one. It's unbelievable how wide spread it appears to be to. I'm guessing there will be more clubs and possibly more sports coming into Question in the next few weeks.
 I'm just hoping the Sydney Swans have kept a clean nose.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »
I gave up on sport bets several years ago when I always kept on tipping the loosers.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »
What do you expect? A game played by total yobbo boofheads and then you throw lots of money at them - things are bound to break..............
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Even brain dead Ancient Neanderthal Man can pick up a sports ball and run with it, so its not surprising that some blokes take performance enhancing drugs to play at elite levels and get overpaid like most sports people in Australia, then get caught..... &^&

Its ironic, u are allowed to take performance enhancing drugs in the bedroom for your block and tackle (like Viagara for old men, and Niagara for women) but you cant have other enhancement drugs for the rest of your body parts.lol  %.%

Totally overpaid sports people IMO. Usually all protected by the footy clubs.
Ohhhh, and u can gamble on every game if you are that way enclined...and ofcourse, who would cheat in sport when gambling is involved... @.@

Blame the government for allowing gambling on sport which encourages anything and everything immoral/illegal.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
Think you might find guys its the conditioning coaches and pharmacist in trouble for this one.... The clubs have git so involved in sports science its rediclous. The players have to toe the line. Seeing there a employee.

More to come just wished every media agency would just keep quiet till there is some actual facts....
HOS

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »
The clubs have got so involved in sports science its rediclous. The players have to toe the line. 

That is only about 1000% correct
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
Is that an image on Jonathon Thurston?

Even brain dead Ancient Neanderthal Man can pick up a sports ball and run with it, so its not surprising that some blokes take performance enhancing drugs to play at elite levels and get overpaid like most sports people in Australia, then get caught..... &^&

Its ironic, u are allowed to take performance enhancing drugs in the bedroom for your block and tackle (like Viagara for old men, and Niagara for women) but you cant have other enhancement drugs for the rest of your body parts.lol  %.%

Totally overpaid sports people IMO. Usually all protected by the footy clubs.
Ohhhh, and u can gamble on every game if you are that way enclined...and ofcourse, who would cheat in sport when gambling is involved... @.@

Blame the government for allowing gambling on sport which encourages anything and everything immoral/illegal.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
It is BIG News in Victoria, but as usual, the media likes to beat it drums before there's any real facts.

The AFL / Essendon fiasco won't just be limited to Essendon. There will be other clubs. I won't be surprised, as they cheated the salary cap to win a premiership in the 90's. I can't see this "performance enhancement sports science" being a help at all as Essendon faded away badly last year after starting so strong.

Soccer match fixing etc - Is that "news" - I thought it was common knowledge ? These days, to be a "good" player, you need to be a better "actor". You have to learn how to fake tripping over your opponent's legs. At a local derby at Etihad, fans from rival clubs DESTROYED hundreds of chairs. Vandalism on this scale has NEVER happened at an AFL match in that stadium.

The NRL situation is not really getting much airplay down here ? Either is the Cricket.

I really hope that whatever club or officials are found to be in the knowledge of this doping scandal, get sacked or massively fined. As far as AFL goes, I don't want our sport becoming corrupted like Soccer. Heads need to roll.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
The first Google hit for "Etihad" brings up this:

Etihad Airways is a flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates

How sad we are as a country that we name our places like this.........Tsk Tsk Tsk.......................

Being a hick, straw chewin', redneck northerner I had NO IDEA what "Etihad" you are referring to. 
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
What???/ Doping in Australian sport?? The nation that points the finger??? Surely not!.

...LOL... its rife everywhere...doping.. match fixing... all sports, the Olympics.. even cricket ( Warne knows.. %$% ).

I remember watching a show a few years back with NRL players having half time shots of " electrolytes etc" and saying then that they are cheating... boy did i get shouted down as "Australians wouldnt do that"....

what a crock