Author Topic: Pinballs for trade  (Read 610 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Pinballs for trade
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
Should we have a pinballs for trade thread?
Might be a good idea for local members.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Pinballs for trade
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »
Why not, good idea!  ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »
maybe include swap for a time period
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pinlinds

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Yes, great idea.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
I will swap my X Wife for 3 of your pinball machines.  &&  All trades considered.  *)*

Seriously though, good idea CC.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »

That idea has been suggested at least once before that i know of.. AP member 'howzat' did a thread some time ago about this very idea  *%*

He had about five of my pins for a few months a little over a year ago when i as in the process of moving towns and looking for a house to rent.
A few of them i set up for him so they could be played, and a couple i had shrink wrapped which he stored for me. I havent had any of HIS games here though.. well parts of them i have (to be restored)  :lol

I'm not too keen on the idea myself, but it was convenient for both of us at the time since i was moving and needed someone to store a few games, and he got to have some of my restored games to enjoy for a time! He still has my Solar City, which we are seeing if he can sell locally for me as i need the $$$ for bills. If no takers i'll bring it home.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »

That idea has been suggested at least once before that i know of.. AP member 'howzat' did a thread some time ago about this very idea  *%*

He had about five of my pins for a few months a little over a year ago when i as in the process of moving towns and looking for a house to rent.
A few of them i set up for him so they could be played, and a couple i had shrink wrapped which he stored for me. I havent had any of HIS games here though.. well parts of them i have (to be restored)  :lol

I'm not too keen on the idea myself, but it was convenient for both of us at the time since i was moving and needed someone to store a few games, and he got to have some of my restored games to enjoy for a time! He still has my Solar City, which we are seeing if he can sell locally for me as i need the $$$ for bills. If no takers i'll bring it home.

is there a for sale thread or external link for your solar city?

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »

That idea has been suggested at least once before that i know of.. AP member 'howzat' did a thread some time ago about this very idea  *%*

A few of them i set up for him so they could be played, and a couple i had shrink wrapped which he stored for me. I havent had any of HIS games here though.. well parts of them i have (to be restored)  :lol

is there a for sale thread or external link for your solar city?

No i havent listed the game for sale anywhere as yet.. i only offered it up on a whim when Ian (howzat) said he had one of his upholstery customers say he wanted to buy a pin and i said 'see if he wants Solar City' since its already at his place. Also selling any of my pins locally i'd be guaranteeing myself work keeping it maintaned  *%*

Two reason i havent listed it for sale anywhere...

One; its not one of my better restores, was done many yrs ago when i was still pretty much just a beginner at that time, and i just dont think its up to scratch to be put up for sale here. It works and plays FLAWLESSLY, but could've done a lot better with the cosmetics.

And Two; i'm really undecided if i want to let it go, i'd probably regret selling it. I'd really like to redo the game to a much higher standard than it currently is.

I'd only offer one my best resto efforts to any AP member  ^^^ Solar City, in my mind just isnt good enough (yet!!)  %$%
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:10:14 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »
I'd be keen on this since I get bored with my machines pretty quickly.

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »
I think its a great idea ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »
Looks like there is some interest in a trade thread but is up to the mods to decide if it is best suited to the forum.
Hopefully it can be part of ap.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:13:26 AM »
Looks like there is some interest in a trade thread but is up to the mods to decide if it is best suited to the forum.
Hopefully it can be part of ap.

I have no problem with it as long as members understand it is a section we can't really moderate, as the arrangements are between members and any disputes that may arise have to be sorted out by the members involved. I cannot see there being any issues.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 12:15:26 AM »

I have no problem with it as long as members understand it is a section we can't really moderate, as the arrangements are between members and any disputes that may arise have to be sorted out by the members involved. I cannot see there being any issues.

Agreed - but as Strangeways says, we can't be responsible, no more than any sale that is carried out via the forum.

We'll discuss and consider setting it up.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »

[/quote]

Nice one,Nino

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
It seems that most prices are coming down for Pinball machines

Seems like a good time to start a swap thread

Any interest???