Author Topic: Price check AFM  (Read 851 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Price check AFM
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:15:21 PM »
What is the damage on one of these in vn condition in todays market?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Price check AFM
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »
Hmm.

Fully restored with a new repro playfield, cab art and fully reco'd I'd expect between high $7 to high $8.5k max.

As is (with a good playfield) faded cab art, I'd expect between $6 to $7k max

As is (ok to poor playfield) faded cab art, I'd expect between $4.5 to $5k max.

Thankfully lots of parts are available.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »
 with COLOR DMD, maybe a bit more

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
with COLOR DMD, maybe a bit more

Yep absolutely..Is a must have on this game so top end may push it closer to $9k for a top end resto game. 

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
Gotta go with Marty here as he is spot on. Sold my AFM November I think it was for $6700.
.....something witty here

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Gotta go with Marty here as he is spot on. Sold my AFM November I think it was for $6700.

+1

I agree with Marty's estimates. Best of luck with the search !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:19:38 PM »
Can't believe the prices this title fetches.
Nothing but a big open playfield with a couple of orbits and ramps up the back, just clever ruleset and audio.
Designed to cut back on BOM during the 1994 slump of sales, due to TZ, AF and STNG still making money for the operators. Anywho, just can't get my head around some people paying 7k + for one!

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
low end  5-6k

recondition  add 500(6.5k) a bit more for led's, including cliffy's, flip kits rubber and globes  (but keeping faded cab art original pf & ramps) i

fully restored  8.5 to 9.5k
 to factory condition  - new cab art (cab painted) , ramps, new play field, rubbers ,globes,  all new flippers, coil sleeves, board work if needed
new trim new side rails all broken targets replaced, cliffy's etc.

fully restored as above, then blinged and modded to the hilt mirror blades shaker motor , saucer kit LED's-  $$$$$$$$$$ the skies the limit

although I never saw TSSP's AFM I was told by several people that it was very very GOOD machine and he sold his for a song IMO

so its what the buyer can afford - if you have the talent  buy the low end and work it up yourself , its more fun

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »
Nothing but a big open playfield with a couple of orbits and ramps up the back, just clever ruleset and audio.
Designed to cut back on BOM during the 1994 slump of sales, due to TZ, AF and STNG still making money for the operators. Anywho, just can't get my head around some people paying 7k + for one!

+1.

A $6,000 machine tops....stretch it to $6500 if u find an immaculate one....and even at these prices u are overpaying IMO.
A collector friend bought one last year in Adelaide off a operator for $5000....and another friend had 2 in his container at $6000 each and they were like brand new. Not euro machines either. Play it first before u hand over anything like the money mentioned above.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
just have to make sure if it is restored that you inspect and ensure a quality restore....
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »

so its what the buyer can afford - if you have the talent  buy the low end and work it up yourself , its more fun

Agreed. I've been slowly bringing mine up to high end over a lot of years, this is a game that really deserves the treatment. There's a lot of great games out there, but this one is sought after exactly for among other things the reasons 4_amusement_only  posted - clever ruleset and audio. Add to that that there's few coming off route anymore and the containers seem empty of them - supply and demand coupled with the games great features is really pushing prices up. Fortunately not as high as the US prices seem to have gone yet, if I didn't have the game I would grab one now in case the prices do hit the heady US heights. And if they don't you you a great game to play anyway!!

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 12:16:29 AM »
Q: How many high end* AFM restores are there in Australia with which to make a comparable price?

A: About the same number as MM (a handful at most).

As Greg said, name your price for the top end stuff since you are typically relying on (or paying a premium for) someone else to spend the time, money and energy to take it to that level of restoration.

*beyond factory specs.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 01:27:28 AM »

nailed it with the "clever ruleset and audio". Theming on this machine is everything and it works so well

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 09:36:30 AM »
low end  5-6k

recondition  add 500(6.5k) a bit more for led's, including cliffy's, flip kits rubber and globes  (but keeping faded cab art original pf & ramps) i

fully restored  8.5 to 9.5k
 to factory condition  - new cab art (cab painted) , ramps, new play field, rubbers ,globes,  all new flippers, coil sleeves, board work if needed
new trim new side rails all broken targets replaced, cliffy's etc.

fully restored as above, then blinged and modded to the hilt mirror blades shaker motor , saucer kit LED's-  $$$$$$$$$$ the skies the limit

although I never saw TSSP's AFM I was told by several people that it was very very GOOD machine and he sold his for a song IMO

+1

100% correct. Dealers won't part with one for less than $6000 for a basic "shop out". But the High End Restorations bring it to the price level of MM's (which are overpriced to start with).
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
here is a nice restore, with a nice vid to show what he has done - same guy that is doing the US creature lcd

utoplay=1&rel=0

interesting thing is some of the brackets under the platfield are a powder coated chrome - something I have heard of.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts