Author Topic: Let's talk LEDs......  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Discodan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Let's talk LEDs......
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »
On further investigation maybe I won't order from these guys, 80 Euros freight is a bit rude as it's more than the kit is worth

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
Started to put leds in WH2O
i just got frustrated with it.

Will now try a cointaker kit for TOM .
will see how that looks.

Is there any web sites out there that tells you
were and what types to put in a playfield for a certain look ?

I think a theatre of magic with leds is absolutely fantastic so much so you initially spend more time looking at it than playing  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
On further investigation maybe I won't order from these guys, 80 Euros freight is a bit rude as it's more than the kit is worth

what? only cost 10 euro for small order or 20 euro for full kit and some other stuff??? how did you get 80 euro was that for 2-3 day express?
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Discodan

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »
When you click on the shipping link (http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/conditions.php?language=english) it tells you that for countries that are not in zone 1,2 or 3 the only option is a package which is 80 euro. That 10 and 20 pricing you are referring to seems just to be for zone 1 which is mainland Europe. I might try and run it through the checkout process and see if it gives a different answer

Offline Discodan

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
I've gone through the checkout process and yes it does let me choose between the 80 euro option or the 10 euro option, that's a tough choice. Looks like it's a viable option then so I just need to wait till the PLUS kit is back in stock and place the order

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:02 AM »
Has anyone used one of their kits? they seem to be quite cheap so I'm curious to see if it's poor quality or just a good deal

One of these at 50 euro seems reasonable
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/the-addams-family-noflix-led-playfield-kit-p-456.html?language=english

cheers
d

I have three of their kits, no duds, and like them far more than the cointaker LEDs that came with one of my pins.. Though they were the super bright and 4-led cointaker ones not the premium...

The thing with the pinballcenter ones is it is best to use the PLUS versions (non flicker, non ghosting), keep in mind when you go through checkout he subtracts the 19% VAT.. Ohh and the kits do not include GI, just the playfield lights..

Have you used these in Tron? Mines getting bad ghosting.

Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:27 AM »
When you click on the shipping link (http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/conditions.php?language=english) it tells you that for countries that are not in zone 1,2 or 3 the only option is a package which is 80 euro. That 10 and 20 pricing you are referring to seems just to be for zone 1 which is mainland Europe. I might try and run it through the checkout process and see if it gives a different answer

I just ordered 30 GI LEDs last night, if you actually go through checkout he will only charge the 10-20 euro

Yes I just finished switching all the existing non-premium cointaker LEDs in my Tron out for the noflix PLUS and don't get any ghosting and the flickering in the strobe sequences in the attract mode are far less harsh as the capacitors in the PLUS series make them behave more like an incandescent globe..

The regular NOFLIX are crap though, plenty of ghosting, only the NOFLIX PLUS Superflux ones are worth buying for play-field use, I use the cheaper ones for backbox lighting in williams machines, but not under play-field..

This video does a comparison between a few of them, I think the price on the noflix and noflix plus have come down a lot since this video, he describes them as over $2 but they are more like $1.80 now once VAT is removed and cheaper in kits (or over 10 units), and 10euro shipping is reasonable, usually takes 1-2 weeks for me..

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:46:36 AM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »

I just ordered 30 GI LEDs last night, if you actually go through checkout he will only charge the 10-20 euro

Yes I just finished switching all the existing non-premium cointaker LEDs in my Tron out for the noflix PLUS and don't get any ghosting and the flickering in the strobe sequences in the attract mode are far less harsh as the capacitors in the PLUS series make them behave more like an incandescent globe..

The regular NOFLIX are crap though, plenty of ghosting, only the NOFLIX PLUS Superflux ones are worth buying for play-field use, I use the cheaper ones for backbox lighting in williams machines, but not under play-field..

This video does a comparison between a few of them, I think the price on the noflix and noflix plus have come down a lot since this video, he describes them as over $2 but they are more like $1.80 now once VAT is removed and cheaper in kits (or over 10 units), and 10euro shipping is reasonable, usually takes 1-2 weeks for me..

Cheers thanks for that the orange large arrows in my Tron are by far the worst at ghosting and flickering.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
Dam he's sold out :-(

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
 @.@  he does that all the time, generally within a week they are back again..
-----

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »

Yep he emailed me and could make a set up but it works out to be $129 au it sounds alot? or am i to tight lol

Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »
@.@  he does that all the time, generally within a week they are back again..

Yep he emailed me and could make a set up but it works out to be $129 au it sounds alot? or am i to tight lol

Peter

is that just for the under playfield lights? for tron?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/tron-legacy-noflix-plus-playfield-kit-p-3195.html?language=english

subtract 19% VAT and nowhere near $129AUD.. or is he including a full set of GI too? I don't bother with the PLUS for GI as they stay on anyway, might help reduce the cost?

I use these for GI..

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/ba9s-noflix-led-warm-white-p-60.html?language=english

or if you prefer cold white

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/ba9s-noflix-led-cold-white-p-61.html?language=english

Though I do find the warm ones nice as they are no where near as warm as an incandescent globe, just slightly warm..

I also don't replace the flashers generally as they are damn expensive.. lol..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:08:35 PM by joele »
-----

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 03:23:04 PM »

This is all going to get messy eventually as we are not going to be able to buy #47's #44's or #455 one day and instead will be forced to use LED.
Self flashing LED instead of #455??? They dont exist as far as im aware.

I would guess I can buy enough incandescent bulbs to last my lifetime for under $1000 USD.

I don't like the looks of LEDs and don't think I'll ever change.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »

Peter

is that just for the under playfield lights? for tron?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/tron-legacy-noflix-plus-playfield-kit-p-3195.html?language=english

subtract 19% VAT and nowhere near $129AUD.. or is he including a full set of GI too? I don't bother with the PLUS for GI as they stay on anyway, might help reduce the cost?

I use these for GI..

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/ba9s-noflix-led-warm-white-p-60.html?language=english

or if you prefer cold white

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/ba9s-noflix-led-cold-white-p-61.html?language=english

Though I do find the warm ones nice as they are no where near as warm as an incandescent globe, just slightly warm..

I also don't replace the flashers generally as they are damn expensive.. lol..

Yeah just inserts only as the set was 89 euro plus 10 postage and  iPhone said that was 129 au and thanks for links.

Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »

Yeah just inserts only as the set was 89 euro plus 10 postage and  iPhone said that was 129 au and thanks for links.

Peter

Just keep in mind when you check out the 89 euro will drop by 19% as VAT will be removed once you enter your delivery address and proceed to pay..
-----