Author Topic: Hulk LE  (Read 2320 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Hulk LE
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
I thought it had sold before!! Should sell at this price you'd think.

Peter

Go on Pete, you know you want it. Taste the Avengers forbidden fruit!
 ()

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »

Peter

()

I should have bought the LE up your way for $6400 and I could have dam it, but I do prefer the hulk LE but no not that one :-)
What's next KISS MATALICA OR STAR TREK??

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »

Peter

()

I should have bought the LE up your way for $6400 and I could have dam it, but I do prefer the hulk LE but no not that one :-)

Peter

Please, not another KISS. or Star Trek. Based on theme, Metallica out of those three would be my pick.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Go the HULK LE, in 3 months buying one will be almost impossible.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »

Peter

()

Peter

Please, not another KISS. or Star Trek. Based on theme, Metallica out of those three would be my pick.

Why no KISS this time next week ill be watching them play, please Gary I want a KISS LE and I don't care if the codes a little late I really don't lol

Peter

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 10:11:38 PM »

Peter

()

Peter

Why no KISS this time next week ill be watching them play, please Gary I want a KISS LE and I don't care if the codes a little late I really don't lol

Peter

I played that blue Avengers LE on Saturday and wished I had the funds as well. Not as fast as AC/DC or Tron, but that new in box pinball machine certainly puts you under its spell. I had/have no interest in X-Men, but I keep staring at Avengers. Probably because I liked the movie and characters. I don't have a complaint with obscured targets and inserts on the playfield so much, I just wish they had used clips from the movie like they did with Tron. I know most people like custom dots, but I think that the cabinet was movie-based and the DMD animations should have been the same. Not comic AND movie mix-up.

As for the next Stern, I can live without Star Trek, KISS would be a definite want and Metallica I'm on the fence at the moment. Loved the music in high school and still do, just not a huge fan of them now. If it is released as a pinball machine, I'll probably fall under that spell as well. Would have to see what the finished product and game was like. There's also talk on Pinside of Stern getting the Angry Birds license. Will let that one pass.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »
Angry birds f**k no I hate that crap but kiss would be awesome I'll have a Gene LE please :-)

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
Wow, I am getting addicted by Hulk LE.
I will give my full review once I stop playing for long enough. In the meantime, poor old BIB LE has sat by idle for 3 days straight.
All I will say for now is that Hulk needs to be bashed hard. Long and well placed shots are rewarding and give best result. Keep the ball away from the dead lower playfield, particularly with multi balls. It is like an onslaught in battle during multi ball and you need to keep each balls momentum going. Once the balls slow down in the lower playfield area, you are dead.
Yes, there are many obscured area on the playfield so you need to be a bit of a wizard and play by intuition.
The music and call outs are great and fit in well with the game you are playing, there is some very good coding there.
I am not a fan of green in general but this machine has a mass of presence especially with the metalic finish. This will always be a highly sought after Stern.
Anyone who says that the Avengers game play is lame after only a few games has not explored the full potential of this game.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »

[/quote]

I had/have no interest in X-Men
[/quote]

If you get the chance Adam, you've got to give X-men a go. It's a great game.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »
Wow, I am getting addicted by Hulk LE.
I will give my full review once I stop playing for long enough. In the meantime, poor old BIB LE has sat by idle for 3 days straight.
All I will say for now is that Hulk needs to be bashed hard. Long and well placed shots are rewarding and give best result. Keep the ball away from the dead lower playfield, particularly with multi balls. It is like an onslaught in battle during multi ball and you need to keep each balls momentum going. Once the balls slow down in the lower playfield area, you are dead.
Yes, there are many obscured area on the playfield so you need to be a bit of a wizard and play by intuition.
The music and call outs are great and fit in well with the game you are playing, there is some very good coding there.
I am not a fan of green in general but this machine has a mass of presence especially with the metalic finish. This will always be a highly sought after Stern.
Anyone who says that the Avengers game play is lame after only a few games has not explored the full potential of this game.

Thanks for that it sounds good! What's the speed like? My BIB LE sat idol to when Tron arrived but you will go back and love it I have but I now "share the love" lol

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
The speed depends on what you are doing. For example, ball will be slow around the lower playfield area when balls start traveling across. This is not a drain monster and is more forgiving around the outlanes. You rarely get the SDTG which are common on ACDC. Games generally last longer.
Once you shoot the long loop shots, speed builds up. The Hulk area can either slow down play around the back of the HULK drop targets or speed up if he flings the balls back at you.
I thought the Tesseract would fling the balls around more....not so. You need to bash it but it does not speed up the game. The pop bumpers do not add to any unpredictability as there is only one tiny exit. They merely massage the balls and build up Captain America.
I find the multi ball modes the best for fast action provided you concentrate and keep them in play and make long sweeping shots.
The lighting is awesome and really lets you know where you are up to. Gomez went to great detail with the lighting and colour combinations. Got to give him full marks there. Some parts of the playfield however, are hard or nearly imposible to see which is one of the main gripes.
Overall, game will not disappoint.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:44 AM »
The speed depends on what you are doing. For example, ball will be slow around the lower playfield area when balls start traveling across. This is not a drain monster and is more forgiving around the outlanes. You rarely get the SDTG which are common on ACDC. Games generally last longer.
Once you shoot the long loop shots, speed builds up. The Hulk area can either slow down play around the back of the HULK drop targets or speed up if he flings the balls back at you.
I thought the Tesseract would fling the balls around more....not so. You need to bash it but it does not speed up the game. The pop bumpers do not add to any unpredictability as there is only one tiny exit. They merely massage the balls and build up Captain America.
I find the multi ball modes the best for fast action provided you concentrate and keep them in play and make long sweeping shots.
The lighting is awesome and really lets you know where you are up to. Gomez went to great detail with the lighting and colour combinations. Got to give him full marks there. Some parts of the playfield however, are hard or nearly imposible to see which is one of the main gripes.
Overall, game will not disappoint.

Nice review.... have yet to play one and i have to admit, the HULK LE would have been pick of the bunch for me, i reckon the all green colouring is a real winner and makes a stand out machine...and no... not normally a fan of green must admit

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 12:45:56 AM »
Talking about Green pinnys, I love my Green Godzilla Pinball machine, they only made 500 but its a cracker of a game, and the green usage all over the playfield n bright green ramps is the only other green DMD machine i know of except HULK LE.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is another green machine I have, also sticks out well, but ramps arent green like Godzilla..

BUT, the KING of green pinballs today, is the beautiful and unreal looking HULK LE !

The Pro Avengers looks great, I urge anyone who wants to give Avengers a serious play n look, check out a Avengers Pro when Bruce-AMD has some come back in to stock in early May !

and last but not least, HULK SMASH, ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH ! LOL  %%$

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »
Talking about Green pinnys, I love my Green Godzilla Pinball machine, they only made 500 but its a cracker of a game, and the green usage all over the playfield n bright green ramps is the only other green DMD machine i know of except HULK LE.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is another green machine I have, also sticks out well, but ramps arent green like Godzilla..

BUT, the KING of green pinballs today, is the beautiful and unreal looking HULK LE !

The Pro Avengers looks great, I urge anyone who wants to give Avengers a serious play n look, check out a Avengers Pro when Bruce-AMD has some come back in to stock in early May !

and last but not least, HULK SMASH, ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH ! LOL  %%$

SHREK wasnt too bad.. i absolutely LOVED that mini PF with the bitsy flippers... a shining STERN moment!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:54 AM »
Dam, how could i forget about Shrek. Totally forgot about another green beauty. There is probably a whack more, but its so hard to remember them.

I wonder if someone has a old Hulk pinny sitting next to the new Hulk pinny ? would look great.