Author Topic: Is there anything KISS wont do to make money?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Is there anything KISS wont do to make money?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
couldn't resist got a 8 pack of iceblocks and will teach my 3yr old daughter about kiss

...Now before we had a thing called ADHD.. we had these lollies...

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »
couldn't resist got a 8 pack of iceblocks and will teach my 3yr old daughter about kiss

...Now before we had a thing called ADHD.. we had these lollies...

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

I better wait for a lunchtime treat, then she has some time to wear it off.  %.%
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »

These are original wrappers from 1980, with a cutout of the original box. As far as collector's go, these are worth US$150 each. Note the date on these is 1980  *%*. I have a few of these laminated as well. My collection is worth well over $50,000. Last count, i had 76 Tour T-shirts and the rarest T-Shirt from the first tour - before they had "official" marketing!

What else do you have in your Kiss collection, do you have pics? I like seeing over people's Music collections and Kiss is the ultimate for collecting. Are you going to get the Kiss coffin? Haha

I'm a Gunners collector myself - obviously  %.%

I don't have the "KISS Shrine" that many fans have. I keep my collection to myself. I have three KISS pinballs, but I'm keeping only one in my collection. The other two are sold to astute collectors that have waited years for me to get around to restoring them. I have a T-Shirt from the first KISS tour, that was not released until 1975 - this would be my most prized item. Since I've met the band on a number of occasions, I've had some really rare stuff autographed. I have all four solo albums signed by original members, Double Platinum and Rock and Roll Over album signed by all members. Gene and Paul signed my rare "Hard to Believe" tribute album which Nirvana and The Hard Ons contributed tracks to. I have all sets of the "KISS Cards" and the original Marvel Comics KISS edition (biggest selling Marvel comic to that point in time). I have 100's of bootlegs and just about all tribute albums that have been released. I have a mint Destroyer Tour wall poster which was an iconic 70's poster - "Spirit of 76" - which ties in with my favorite Pinball of all time "Spirit of 76" ! Original KISS Dolls from 1980 - still in box - which I've been offered a small fortune for.

I'm not going to buried in the KISS Koffin, nor have I used a KISS Kondom  #@#

But I'm proud to be a KISS fan, and even though they are more a tribute band without the original members, I still like hearing that artists from Megadeth to Garth Brookes to Nirvana to Guns'N'Roses are heavily influenced by KISS. Not bad for a bunch of "shameless clowns" that shaped a genre.

Here's Slash and co playing a classic at the VH-1 honors show a few years back. So the story goes, these guys knew the song so well that this was their third take..

Sounds like a great collection. Did you get the signatures yourself?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »

Yes. I've met the band on several occasions as I was a well known collector and fan. I knew a lot of people in the industry at that time. I "interviewed" them for MMM on the "KISS My Ass" tour. I was also featured in a large Herald Sun interview about "KISS fans" and there was a picture of Gene, Paul and myself. I took lots of items in to sign and I took in friend's items as well. I mainly took in my rare stuff, album covers, tour T-shirts and tour programmes. Even a hat ! They were always approachable and happy to talk. I asked Paul to sign my Friends Ibanez Iceman Paul Stanley Signature (only worth $2000-$3000). After the interview I did with them, we sat far about an hour talking about all sorts of things. I kept in touch with them until the reunion, when they had too many "minders" - but I was invited to go to Perth to do a "meet and greet", but it didn't end up happening.

Funny story happened in Sydney when I bumped into Gene and Andre (bodyguard) - at McDonalds of all places - Gene asked my how the previous shows in Adelaide and Melbourne were. I told him they were good, but I didn't like the fact they dropped "parasite" from the set in Adelaide. They played it that night in Sydney. Little things - but it was cool that they didn't drop the song off the tour.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »

Yes. I've met the band on several occasions as I was a well known collector and fan. I knew a lot of people in the industry at that time. I "interviewed" them for MMM on the "KISS My Ass" tour. I was also featured in a large Herald Sun interview about "KISS fans" and there was a picture of Gene, Paul and myself. I took lots of items in to sign and I took in friend's items as well. I mainly took in my rare stuff, album covers, tour T-shirts and tour programmes. Even a hat ! They were always approachable and happy to talk. I asked Paul to sign my Friends Ibanez Iceman Paul Stanley Signature (only worth $2000-$3000). After the interview I did with them, we sat far about an hour talking about all sorts of things. I kept in touch with them until the reunion, when they had too many "minders" - but I was invited to go to Perth to do a "meet and greet", but it didn't end up happening.

Funny story happened in Sydney when I bumped into Gene and Andre (bodyguard) - at McDonalds of all places - Gene asked my how the previous shows in Adelaide and Melbourne were. I told him they were good, but I didn't like the fact they dropped "parasite" from the set in Adelaide. They played it that night in Sydney. Little things - but it was cool that they didn't drop the song off the tour.

Wow that sounds like you had an awesome experience meeting them. Good to,hear how approachable and down to earth they were. Plenty of lesser rock stars than them certainly let the fame go to their heads and become absolute tossers once they have a little success. Others though are surprisingly "normal" if you are lucky enough to meet them.

I remember when I met Axl, the guy was surprisingly friendly, funny and obliging.  He had a photo with my mate and I, signed some things and was very chatty. Completely the opposite of what you would expect given his notorious history.