Author Topic: Son of a bitch !!  (Read 1290 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Son of a bitch !!
« on: February 16, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »
I had a few other more de******ive titles I wanted to call this thread but this was probably as de******ive as the site admins will let me use.
Was just having the game of a lifetime on BK2000. For those of you who know the game I was on my first extra ball but still on ball 1 with another extra ball won and waiting. I had played 3 multi ball ransoms modes winning 2 jackpots from the 3. I had also won a double knight 1 mil jackpot. I had beaten my highest ever score and I was still on ball 1 with an extra ball still to play. In the middle of my second Kings Ransom multi I notice from the corner of my eye that a globe and socket that had dropped from the upper playfield and was slowly sliding down lower the playfield. Trying to stay in the zone I tried to ignore it and play on. Little by little with the movement of the game and the balls hitting it, it slowly made its way down to the ball trough via the outlane.
It sort of wedged itself in a hole down there stopping the balls from going into the trough. At this stage I was way distracted looking at the globe and quickly lost my 3 balls. Oh well I'm still on ball 1 and already have my highest score so it's just a matter of carefully taking off the glass and removing the globe to finish my game right?...wrong!! After I put the glass and lock down bar back on I closed the coin door causing a slam tilt and it was game over...oh and forget getting the new high score up that was it just "tilt" and game over.
Can anyone else give me a similar hard luck story to make me feel better?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:37:53 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Son of a bitch !!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:42:34 PM »
I had a few other more de******ive titles I wanted to call this thread but this was the probably as de******ive as the site admins will let me use.
Was just having the game of a lifetime on BK2000. For those of you who know the game I was on my first extra ball but still on ball 1 with another extra ball won and waiting. I had played 3 multi ball ransoms modes winning 2 jackpots from the 3. I had also won a double knight 1 mil jackpot. I had beaten my highest ever score and I was still on ball 1 with an extra ball still to play. In the middle of my second Kings Ransom multi I notice from the corner of my eye that a globe and socket that had dropped from the upper playfield and was slowly sliding down lower the playfield. Trying to stay in the zone I tried to ignore it and play on. Little by little with the movement of the game and the balls hitting it, it slowly made its way down to the ball trough via the outlane.
It sort of wedged itself in a hole down there stopping the balls from going into the trough. At this stage I was way distracted looking at the globe and quickly lost my 3 balls. Oh well I'm still on ball 1 and already have my highest score so it's just a matter of carefully taking off the glass and removing the globe to finish my game right?...wrong!! After I put the glass and lock down bar back on I closed the coin door causing a slam tilt and it was game over...oh and forget getting the new high score up that was it just "tilt" and game over.
Can anyone else give me a similar hard luck story to make me feel better?
So what are you trying to say?  %.%

Thats pinball  :D

I cant list the number of hard luck stories. My absolute pet hate is busting to go and no matter how hard you try to lose the ball you are just in the zone and have that ball on a string. Same goes for the phone ringing, or the wife bitching she wants something NOW. Its a crime to have walk away and hear the ball drain. Then on your return you have 3-5 rapid ball drains without a flip  ^.^

Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
yep, there are times that pinball does try us all
:p

but you should have stopped straight away
you don't want to break the bulb and have little bits of glass scratching your playfield

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »
I have had a similar exp. with a led popping out of a spot on revenge from mars. 

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
yep, there are times that pinball does try us all
:p

but you should have stopped straight away
you don't want to break the bulb and have little bits of glass scratching your playfield
plastic led

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:36 PM »
you jinxed me as I read you story earlier before and thought no don't have anything to add, then had about 10 games on my IM. I was getting everything lined up nearly had jericho and do and die lined up and was on my last ball (extra ball) and had the iron monger up and 2 balls left then got one ball wedged in near the mongers head and the top cover while it was going down. I thought I will keep playing the second ball and maybe fluke knocking the wedged one out - no got the second ball wedged on the other side. The game then went into ball search and the monger lifted and both balls rolled straight down the drain.

thanks for the jinx  *.*
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »
you jinxed me as I read you story earlier before and thought no don't have anything to add, then had about 10 games on my IM. I was getting everything lined up nearly had jericho and do and die lined up and was on my last ball (extra ball) and had the iron monger up and 2 balls left then got one ball wedged in near the mongers head and the top cover while it was going down. I thought I will keep playing the second ball and maybe fluke knocking the wedged one out - no got the second ball wedged on the other side. The game then went into ball search and the monger lifted and both balls rolled straight down the drain.

thanks for the jinx  *.*
Sorry  %.% i cant help myself in seeing the humour

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »
That's cool, the first thing I thought of was your story so did have a smile on my face.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
That's cool, the first thing I thought of was your story so did have a smile on my face.
^^^

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
There is some sort of voodoo going on here.

Playing Congo yesterday, 900,000,000 on the first ball, and a small screw that holds one of the platics appear in the playfield. Multiball starts, and all I can think of is scratching the playfield! keeps bouncing around, puts off my concentration, but luckily only on first ball, so managed to get it out pretty immediately without tilting or loosing the game.

It's a machine conspiracy all of a sudden.

Offline Discodan

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »
Had similar a few months ago; I was on a killer game on TAF, about 100m ahead of the grand champion score and going strong, when the door came open (the key is always in it, mustn't have closed it properly). I ignored it and kept of going but my good wife decided to be nice and close it for me; slam tilt and I was not a happy camper. I've now disabled the slam tilt switch.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
There is some sort of voodoo going on here.

Playing Congo yesterday, 900,000,000 on the first ball, and a small screw that holds one of the platics appear in the playfield. Multiball starts, and all I can think of is scratching the playfield! keeps bouncing around, puts off my concentration, but luckily only on first ball, so managed to get it out pretty immediately without tilting or loosing the game.

It's a machine conspiracy all of a sudden.
Unforseen things happen on the rare occasions where you are on a roll and have amassed millions of bonus points, usually a one in a thousand game occurrence.
The last two I remember were a power blackout and on another occasion a courier delivery at the front door. What a shit feeling to let go while on a high adrenalin rush!
How quickly one falls from a high perch in one simple swoop.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »
On numerous occasions my youngest has successfully gained my attention by pushing the start button mid way through games resetting the game back to the start.  ^&^

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
On numerous occasions my youngest has successfully gained my attention by pushing the start button mid way through games resetting the game back to the start.  ^&^
depending on the game if its 1990's you can change a setting to avoid this happening

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
depending on the game if its 1990's you can change a setting to avoid this happening

That's good to know. It only happens on my DE Star Wars. If you press start during the first ball it just adds another player but second ball onwards and its game over.  *!@