Author Topic: Do U get Excited about New Toys ? new things ?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Do U get Excited about New Toys ? new things ?
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »
Not pinball, but something else to read which u might be able to relate to...
Do u get excited about new Toys, new things for the house or something simple, even for your car ?
Is it normal to still get excited about the small things, even after hitting 40 yrs of age n plus.lol

I have a Ford Station Wagon i use for work, its the last of the Ford wagons, (before Ford stopped making them, and went to a 4 wheel drive replacement called the Territory, which is a nice vehicle, but useless for carrying ladders on, or a heap of work gear inside, cause it just doesnt cut it like the Station Wagons did).  Telstra's huge vehicle orders per annum kept the Ford station wagon going probably, and they stopped being made around 2010. My Red wagon was ordered as a Telstra vehicle in order for me to get one.
Ironically, Holden, who had stopped making wagons previously, started making station wagons when Ford had stopped, and were now the only aussie car builder to offer a wagon...

Anyway, the car has had factory steel black rims with factory sporty hubcaps since its birth, and I decided the other day, to go past a huge Ford wreckers on the Gold Coast and see what they had in factory Ford rims etc, cause i lost a few hubcaps (or they were pinched) and u cant buy them anywhere.

The guy behind the counter shows me several different sets, mostly sporty Ford ones, and he wants between $800 and $1500 a set with tyres etc....I am thinking, way too much, there has to be a better option, at less money.
so I spots a set, and they appear to be factory 16 inch, and they are off a Fairmont Ghia, look really upmarket, and the guy says, ohhh, no one wants the  luxury looking rim, they want the sports low profiles etc, so i said how much, 4 x Ghia rims, with excellent tyres, and he says $250 cash !
I couldnt get my wallet out quick enough. The tyres alone are worth apx $140 each new, or say $80 each in three quarter tread etc, which adds up to apx $320 just in great usable tyres, then i still have the 4 x rims left over for free, Bargain !

So, I spent the weekend, looking at my new mags (which i have to clean n then fit etc) and i felt like a big kid with a new toy.lol
I am thinking, why did i wake up last night dreaming about car mags,lol   this cant be normal, or is it just a bloke thing that we dream about our cars, even work vehicles.lol

Anyway, nothing too spectacular, but i am sure alot of people have a new toy, or a new something for the car or the house which they have got Excited about and even the small things can sometimes give u a bit of pleasure.   ....and No, the wife wouldnt let me sit in the loungeroom n clean them with mag cleaner.lol    Its off to a special place tomorrow who cleans car rims for a dollar, and they make them like new and take the road grime off them. I might do a before n after photo, because they are dirty, and i am thinking professionally cleaned might make them look brand new again which will be a HUGE difference.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !