Author Topic: BNIB Arrival today - Photos etc  (Read 2041 times)

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: BNIB Arrival today - Photos etc
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 09:26:49 PM »
Congratulations Brett. Happy days for you and the kids.

After we got the machine out, he was more interested in playing in the empty box. Go figure. You spend all that money and he wants to keep the empty box and throw the machine away.lol   

Anyway, another photo to add. Kids make u feel the best always.

Love this! That's what I'll be doing when I have kids.....they can have the box and I'll have the pinnies.... && At least until they get the bug.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
Congrats mate  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »
Thanks again guys for the kind words, very much appreciated.  Lots of top blokes on here for sure.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Certainly the icing on a great collection! Well done! Would love a bnib for the kids

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
Come on Brett anymore pic's  %$%

Peter

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
Come on Brett anymore pic's  %$%

Peter

+1

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »
congrats on the new addition. Exciting times ahead, you're a very lucky man. Hope to experience a NIB one day  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
congrats on the new addition. Exciting times ahead, you're a very lucky man. Hope to experience a NIB one day  ^^^

Hopefully Stern has something in 2013 and 2014 that everyone likes.
Thankyou for kind words.

and for Pete(Gorgar) and 4Amusementsonly, I will do a video tonight if I can....and some more detailed photos of the cabinet...some really really nice artwork which is very detailed the more u look at it.

Also, after a bit of detective work, I have found a few interesting factory stickers under the playfield.
My machine is numbered No 22/500 Pro Model - 1st Run  (thats exactly what the sticker says)  ....(very similar to what the sticker under my AC/DC Pro said as well).

Also, I found another sticker which said playfield no 161/500 and there is one more sticker which i havent read properly yet which is under the apron with a ink stamp as well. I like little hidden things like this. Adds a bit of character to the game IMO.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »
UPDATE

I have installed the latest code into my X Men Pro, and have found the game to play extremely well.
I honestly dont know what all the supposed fuss is about with people saying the X Men code isnt up to scratch.
The game play is excellent, the audio is terrific and the dot matrix annimations are soooo very cool.
Gameplay n shots n missions and collecting the X Men is so much fun.

I read all the updates on the X Men Read Me page, and most of the code updates relate to timers of X Men characters, so there is nothing major going on except it has just polished up the game quite well.
In my opinion, anyone with a positive outlook, who plays X Men will find it to be a exceptional game.
I have compared it to apx 80 different DMD games I have played, and this X Men Pro title is super fun and just addictive.

Anyway, i will post some more photos of some stuff i would like to share when i get sometime this next 2 or 3 days including the installation of the metal underplayfield slide rails which are a $ option on the Pro models instead of the std pegs, and perhaps a few Leds.

Stay tuned for some photos and maybe a video for those who are interested.  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:35:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
Nice going Brett  @@*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »

We need pictures!!   :D
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
UPDATE
I honestly dont know what all the supposed fuss is about with people saying the X Men code isnt up to scratch.
The game play is excellent, the audio is terrific and the dot matrix annimations are soooo very cool.

There are a few bugs with the latest code release:

- Wolverine call outs constantly, even when you hit another of the X-Men shots.
- Timing of Iceman ramp being out (LE only)
- Completed Villain mode inserts not going solid
- Stacking issues
- Win/Lose quotes being out

These are just the ones I noticed, there maybe others.

I agree re the game play, audio and dots being excellent. I hear that they are working on the next code release atm and are adding some cool features to the game. Extensive testing is being done by the programming team at Stern before it will be released.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:04:30 AM by tonyt »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »
OK, thats good feedback.
If Stern are working on another code upgrade, thats even better news if it makes it even more perfect n fun.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
I have added the Shaker Motor today and I have added the optional Stern Under-playfield Slide Rails. This i feel is a neccessity, rather than a option. The std pegs just dont cut the mustard, so these slide rails are really required to make life so much easier with any late model Stern title.

Firstly, a big thankyou to a few people who went out of their way to help me, and its worth mentioning that its this spirit of helping out fellow pinheads which makes this hobby so great.

A HUGE thankyou to my good friend Martin who installed the shaker motor, as well as the under playfield slide rails, and adjusted the top right flipper, and re-soldered a wire on to a rear flasher that required an adjustment.
A HUGE thankyou to Andy(Rottyguy) for selling me the slide rails so I could install them on this machine.
A HUGE thankyou to Michael from AMD for selling me another sets of slide rails which will go onto my AC/DC Pro and Avengers Pro.

After installing one set, I know how easy it is now so installing other sets of under p/f slide rails will be easy.
Another thing I did, was to add 3 x Leds to the above playfield silver spot light towers, cause the std 555 candescent bulbs are useless, but the very bright white Leds were soo much better. I will start adding Leds now to the whole game, and a few surprises I have decided on should make a huge and positive difference.

Anyway, a few photos below of the new slide rails, a quick photo of a under p/f sticker showing the game is no 22/500 ist run etc, and a couple of some of the cool artwork i really like on this game.

*click on the photos to enlarge x 2 etc

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »
a few more photos

Yellow X Men Toy is cool. I plan on putting some leds in his eyes

and a cool piece of artwork of a dud with a handgun which is really cool.
The artwork on X Men, all over the cabinet is such that the more you look at it, u see more n more detail each n every time.