Author Topic: Stern's next pinball  (Read 6835 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Stern's next pinball
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
+1 for a combined classic car themed pin.

Great idea
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »
ALLEGED STERN PRICE INCREASE UPDATE  

I have recieved a written response today from Bruce, the Managing Director of AMD, Sterns only official importer in Australia, and Bruce has advised that, using his words, "There is absolutely no truth in this" (price increase of $500 or $1,000 to any new Stern pinball machines.
Bruce also did say he had discussed price increases, if any with Gary Stern, and whilst Stern may be looking at its options in the USA, Bruce said that if any slight price increases were made, Bruce would annalyse any effect that a price increase would make on the Australian market, before any increase was made, and he invisaged a maximum increase, if at all, of $100 maximum.

** I think this is good news. Prices will basically remain the same, and at least people know that if a price increase did take place, it would be minimal, if at all.

If anyone has any questions, they can refer to Bruce when he returns from his USA trip, next week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:31:14 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:25 PM »

Does that mean there's sufficient margin in Stern Australia pricing now to absorb a USA price increase?  !@#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »

Does that mean there's sufficient margin in Stern Australia pricing now to absorb a USA price increase?  !@#

Would appear so.. and hey.. also appears we are being done a favour.. win win all round Aussie distributor

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »

Thats a question only Bruce Colbourne/AMD can answer Nick.
Bruce is not a dummy, he has weathered the slow years, has invested heavily into making pinballs a profitable part of his business during the last 2 growth years, and where I think Bruce has a good business, he listens to his customers, and keeps his fingers on the pulse and is a straight shooter.

Having done business with Bruce a number of times, he will do everything in his power to keep his loyal and new customers happy.
I dont think for the sake of a few bucks he will jeapordise a new pinball machine order if someone was extremely opposed to a slight price increase.
He is a terribly nice bloke, and always willing to do deals to get brand new in box machines out of his warehouse and into your gamesroom.
I am sure others who have dealt with Bruce would also hold him in high esteem.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2013, 01:39:26 AM »
Yep good bloke Bruce is to deal with and Michael to, good news there's no major price increase.

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Michael could improve his email replies to include more than a one word response, but I found Bruce good to deal with when buying my NIB AC/DC.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
I had a great experience with AMD buying my Tron. Bruce was great and i found Michael to be extremely helpful. I ordered quite a few parts with my Tron at different times and Michael was great through out the whole process. Even followed up after i got the machine to make sure i was happy.

I believe Michael is on leave at the moment, Bruce said he was on maternity leave.

Congratulations on your new born Michael if you visit these forums.  @@*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2013, 08:36:07 PM »
Michael could improve his email replies to include more than a one word response, but I found Bruce good to deal with when buying my NIB AC/DC.

He used two words in my emails lol

Peter

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
I found Bruce and Michael both very helpful when I bought my Avengers from them. ^^^ ^^^
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »
I found the guys at AMD very helpful and especially very understanding recently when I had to bail out of a Avengers (unfortunately) so no ill feeling against them - glad we have them.

I just find the industry interesting that in the US, Stern releases a price increase in say the RRP but with the various dealers pinsiders talk of some bargains to be had at pin release time, so it is a shame we don't get to experience that competitive pricing. I do find it interesting that AMD can wear a price increase showing there is some meat on the bone and enjoying the good exchange rate but that said I am glad we have a dealer in Aus that can aid in providing the good service, spare parts and new machines locally.  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »

Peter

I bet they were "spare parts".
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2013, 09:24:47 PM »
I have my gripes with the prices of stern nib games and the quality of some games but amd have been great with any after sale concerns I have had, replies have been prompt and parts have been dispatched very quickly when needed.

THE WALKING DEAD Pinball please!!!!!

Stern, Jjp, someone, anyone!!!

please make this title!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:28:08 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »

Peter

I bet they were "spare parts".

Nah I was only joking Michael actually really helped me out top bloke.

Peter

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »
I'm in Sydney for a few nights at the moment with my misses, and with the weather being a bit average yesterday I suggested taking the opportunity to visit AMD, after all it's indoors.... I've never been there, but I met Michael for the first time. Really nice guy and very accommodating, had a good chat and a few games on ACDC Premium & Avengers Hulk LE. They also had a LOTR but I didn't play that as it's a game I already own.

Michael said they will be at a couple of shows in Melbourne for those interested. Supernova will be in other States too, but I'm not 100% sure if AMD will attend all.

Supanova - 12th to 14th April
http://www.supanova.com.au/

Pax Aus - 19th to 21st July
http://aus.paxsite.com/

The Pax show maybe more of interest for those wanting to see the new Stern release  %$%.

RE: the games on the floor, I've played the ACDC Pro & BIB before but not the premium. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on another thread but apparently AMD have sold over 500 ACDC's Australia wide.
First time for me on the Avengers LE though and first impressions was it is a fun game. Liked the speed, layout, music and voice call outs. We had a GI Lamp pop out mid game, which has been one of the criticisms regarding quality issues and finishing touches....IMO I don't think it's worth the 9G's, but still a fun game and felt privileged to play it given I never thought I'd have the chance to play the LE version.

Even my misses had fun and she's not that into pinball......yet. I'm working on that!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)