Author Topic: Stern's next pinball  (Read 6859 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's next pinball
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
How many of
Trust me - I know 2 guys personally that are on the list and one of them is REALLY fed up with the wait, on top of that I am told the ‘private WOZ forum’ is very dead.

789 members and 840 posts in February.

Not bad for a private forum.  &&

How many of those 840 posts were for WOZ and how many were against WOZ i.e. over waiting to get a machine they have invested heavily in?

There are very few (if any) against posts, to be honest. Most buyers can see the rationale behind wanting the game to be as complete as practically possible before shipping and general release.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
How many of
Trust me - I know 2 guys personally that are on the list and one of them is REALLY fed up with the wait, on top of that I am told the ‘private WOZ forum’ is very dead.

789 members and 840 posts in February.

Not bad for a private forum.  &&

How many of those 840 posts were for WOZ and how many were against WOZ i.e. over waiting to get a machine they have invested heavily in?

There are very few (if any) against posts, to be honest. Most buyers can see the rationale behind wanting the game to be as complete as practically possible before shipping and general release.

It's a great thing in my eyes having an update every few months its bloody exciting lol,  I know I'm weird but when I got acdc it was awesome every 3 months its got better like Tron , now stern I like what you do so please listen to the people that are buying your product!! Better go my Samsung smart DVD player needs an update and shit theres 3 apps on my iPhone that have an update.

Peter

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »
I'm in the same boat. A happy Stern buyer. Bought two machines and I was happy with the code from the start. Each update made the game even better in my eyes. Updates on any electrical device now seem a part of life and the USB update is simple. No burning/installing ROMS like the updates of old. I can see the other side of the fence though. People are annoyed that Wheel of Fortune never got updated or X-Men had an update that annoyed a lot of people and Transformers promised Christmas update never happened. Hopefully these problems will be worked out for those owners and new code is coming. But, were the games unplayable with the initial shipped code?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »
By the time the next Avenger Pros and Premiums arrive at AMD, there will probably be another code update which will make buying one even better.

Also, it seems that there are only apx half a dozen Avenger Pros in the country and only another 5 coming in the next May container shipment.
Avenger Pro machines will be apx a dozen only, until more are sold, so seeing one in the wild will be difficult at best.
That makes me think, that the Premium Avenger model will also be a rare item in Australia until more time passes and people start to feel more love for this good looking pinny.

It makes me wonder, if Star Trek is also Sterns next Pinball, how many will get snaped up in Australia ? AC/DC was a every man n his dog title, but it seems that the other new titles are just like before, rare in huge numbers. Good if u own one, crappy if u try n find one in the wild....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
By the time the next Avenger Pros and Premiums arrive at AMD, there will probably be another code update which will make buying one even better.

Also, it seems that there are only apx half a dozen Avenger Pros in the country and only another 5 coming in the next May container shipment.
Avenger Pro machines will be apx a dozen only, until more are sold, so seeing one in the wild will be difficult at best.
That makes me think, that the Premium Avenger model will also be a rare item in Australia until more time passes and people start to feel more love for this good looking pinny.

It makes me wonder, if Star Trek is also Sterns next Pinball, how many will get snaped up in Australia ? AC/DC was a every man n his dog title, but it seems that the other new titles are just like before, rare in huge numbers. Good if u own one, crappy if u try n find one in the wild....

That would be a great shame if only a few are in the wild. This is one hell of an addictive machine especially when you start to understand the deep rules and get a feel to mastering the Widow, Hawkeye and Loki shots. The few in the wild will be trashed to death because of their rarity. Play the Avengers while they are fresh as it is a bloody ripper of a game.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:27 PM »
I am guessing Sterns next pinball will be a film, super-hero or music based pinball with incomplete code.
 @@*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
Its hard to say what it really is going to be.
I had a few emails from the guys at Stern and some of the hints have thrown me for a six cause it doesnt line up with Metallica or Star Trek, so its hard to say really.

I would like it if it was something from left field, something that just blows people away and people say I never saw that coming.......

It doesnt mater what the subject/title it is, as long as the artwork is amazing on the cabinet, translite n playfield, cause then the dot matrix usually follows suit, and if we get a John Borg title or a Steve Ritchie title next, its going to be a ripper. I want to think SR is doing the music pinny, and Borgy the Star Trek pinny, but some say its reversed ?  I just hate waiting to find out, the news releases/media updates cant come dam quick enough.

I know from a Borgy email, his title is in its last phase of testing........but havent heard much about Steves title at all..........

and Avengers anything in the wild in Australia will be few n far between. Its only when u see one in person, u realise how beautiful the game looks.
The lighting on the LE is just superb. Adding some Leds to a Pro will be a must...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:02:04 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:47 AM »
I am guessing Sterns next pinball will be a film, super-hero or music based pinball with incomplete code.
 @@*

Hope so fingers crossed hey make sure to tell me first if you find out anything how exciting :-)

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 08:38:38 AM »

@@*

I am guessing JJPs next pinball will be a film, super-hero or music based pinball with complete code. Not sure about the release date but we will give definite payment dates.
Such is life, depends on whether you see the glass as half empty or half full. Let us just be thankful that there are at least 2 manufacturers out there.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »

@@*

I am guessing JJPs next pinball will be a film, super-hero or music based pinball with complete code. Not sure about the release date but we will give definite payment dates.
Such is life, depends on whether you see the glass as half empty or half full. Let us just be thankful that there are at least 2 manufacturers out there.

Woz will be having code updates, as will other jjp games I suspect.
 (((

Shouldn't woz be woo in the abbreviation depatment.
 :lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:14:20 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline monacarter

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
Who would buy a Walking Dead Pinball machine ?  (If it had really cool music, that would be a killer of a pinball game).

The walking dead would be an awesome machine.
We think if there were to be a music themed pinball, they should do a Michael Jackson Pinball. He is 'the king of pop' and people of ever era could enjoy it.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Who would buy a Walking Dead Pinball machine ?  (If it had really cool music, that would be a killer of a pinball game).

The walking dead would be an awesome machine.
We think if there were to be a music themed pinball, they should do a Michael Jackson Pinball. He is 'the king of pop' and people of ever era could enjoy it.

He "was" the king of pop.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
As far a as music pins go a Jimi Hendix pinball could be awesome, regardless of who makes it.
 %$%

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 10:33:50 PM »
As far a as music pins go a Jimi Hendix pinball could be awesome, regardless of who makes it.
 %$%

Smoke a joint while playing??

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:34 PM »
As far as music pins go a Jimi Hendrix pinball could be awesome, regardless of who makes it.
 %$%

Smoke a joint while playing??

Peter

No smoking around the pins mate, scoobs outside.

()
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:36:23 PM by Cow Corner »