Author Topic: Thoughts on No Good Gofers  (Read 355 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thoughts on No Good Gofers
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
I like pinball and I like golf, maybe this machine could be a good fit.
I have seen a few up close and have watched a few vids including bowens video tutorial which was very helpfull but never played one. Game looks interesting and fun.
Any owners or players out there want to share some views on this game and what is the going rate for one these days?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Thoughts on No Good Gofers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »
Unsure of the going rate, I think I have seen a few around the $3000 mark, but I'm sure someone else can help you with a price.
Look out for wear, nearly every one I have seen has had extremely bad insert wear and no decal left on the spinning wheel.
Haven't played one for a few years but I do remember it being a good game, not deep but satisfying to hit those gofers, the drop ramp to hit the hole in one is a fun feature.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
I saw a few come out of a container 9 months ago at my friends farm and they both went for apx $2500 tops. They do look a treat when u re-powdercoat the legs n siderails different colours to suit the golf theme, I saw one with freshly done grass green legs etc and it looked terrific.
Quite a few parts avail for this model. I think from memory translites were a issue, but most other stuff was Ok. Very popular in Japan, this model is.

Although they are a later dmd model, they are not that well known here, but are quite fun. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

A game like Congo is a much better player, a 8.5 out of 10 (another sleeper title) but definately play Gofers before buying.
Good luck with your search.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
everyone Ive seen has had some form of wear under the slam ramp.

Quite a fun game, lots going on and lots to do, good family game,
probably not a long termer for the hardcore player

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »

I don't mind this game, but I really don't like spinning disks on pinball. This game overall is still a lot of fun despite the disk.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
I am keen to play it and there is a nice one available locally with just some light insert cracking and no other pf wear apparently.

It looks like my kids might enjoy this one as well.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »
Good fun machine with genuine humour, fantastic lightshow leading into multiball, hole in one is a great shot to hit.

Plenty to like on one, as others have said look for slam ramp wear. If you know someone with pinball arcade you can try it out (not the same i know but hey its something).

Would agree maybe not a long term keeper but if you have other machines it will fit in nicely.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »
Try it on the PINBALL ARCADE emulator first and see if you like it
I think it is a ball tearer and to get all 18 holes completed is bloody hard. This is the real Caddy Shack if you ask me( just needed Bill Murray ), good fun and humorous
Can't lose
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »
For me that was one game that didn't feel as good on the pinball arcade as the real version

Offline MPE

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on No Good Gofers
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
For me that was one game that didn't feel as good on the pinball arcade as the real version

Played this game for the 1st time IRL last night at the chicken shop... maybe it was the plunger and flippers not being as strong as they could be but I found the pinball arcade version much more enjoyable to play.
Resistance is futile

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »

Played this game for the 1st time IRL last night at the chicken shop... maybe it was the plunger and flippers not being as strong as they could be but I found the pinball arcade version much more enjoyable to play.

Finger licking good at the chicken stand!

Sweet!

Can peeps who are not talking some lame pc pin version knock off please  respond

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »
Can peeps who are not talking some lame pc pin version knock off please  respond
[/quote]
Nasty dude - if you don't like the answer, don't  ask the question!
I have played this title in REAL life multiple time and think it is piss funny, we are all simply stating try it on PA to get an idea of what it may be like to save you some $$$ it you don't know anyone who has one.
Pull ya head in  &^&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.