Author Topic: Stern Announcement Today  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern Announcement Today
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »
In the USA there selling like hot cakes stern can't make them fast enough amazing really  

Peter

Not too suprising with NIB pricing just over $4500 inc delivery.. priced to sell!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »
Shame nothing is rolling down the JJP production line yet. Its still a ghost town.
They are waiting on computer boards n maybe staff via the $9 per hour adverts.lol

Also, JJP couldnt pinch any Stern staff, cause people would have to move half way accross the USA.

Already done that, several times.

Joe Balcer
Jim Thornton
Keith Johnson
Chris Granner

I've watched the video a few times and I still don't know what the "award" was for ? Was it an award for the success of the non English speaking factory workers ?

Whatever it was for - well done Stern !

Lets see how they go once the competition and innovations hit the market.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »

Lets see how they go once the competition and innovations hit the market.

Yeah Sterns 3 machines a year vs JJP one machine every 18 months

Pinball, why do I still love thee?

Congrats Stern

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 05:59:04 PM »
Also, JJP couldnt pinch any Stern staff, cause people would have to move half way accross the USA.
I meant they couldnt pinch any of the mexican ladies/mexican blokes cause they would have to move half way accross the country....and why move so far for a $9 an hour job, when u already have one paying the same money.lol

After Greg Ferres went to Stern from JJP, I wonder if he has said anything to the Stern crowd (office n management n programmers n engineers) which might make people think they are best off where they already are ??  !@#

The award seemed to be from the Industry/operators. Either way, Sterns biggest award is pinball machine sales numbers each month and the amount being banked $$. Stern looks very healthy at the moment.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »
Congrats Stern,

Killer game, the highest selling NIB title sold in many many years in Australia. Well done.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
Congrats Stern,

Killer game, the highest selling NIB title sold in many many years in Australia. Well done.

Agreed... Pinball really needed a title like ACDC.. its brought the profile up 500%.
I pray that Stern AND JJP take note that theme is 50% of the battle won.. ACDC came about because it was asked for over and over and its still selling like cereal off the shelf.

OK... we want non licenced horror themes next.. you listening???

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »
Williams/Bally fan boys are not impressed a stern selling thousands oh my god can this be true lol,

Peter

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »
Williams/Bally fan boys are not impressed a stern selling thousands oh my god can this be true lol,

Peter

How does this affect anything.? If STERN sells 1000's of a particular model why would this upset the fanboys.? I don't follow your point that you are trying to make.

I do understand that you are a STERN fanboy however.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »

Peter

How does this affect anything.? If STERN sells 1000's of a particular model why would this upset the fanboys.? I don't follow your point that you are trying to make.

There is no such thing as a bad pinball machine - except one based on a PC  %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »

Peter

Odd one.. like we would want to see anyone fail?? We want to see better.. but failure?.. Stern fans are very touchy feely people it seems who cant take any criticism at all.. ACDC ( the pinball ne'er shall speak ill of).. goodness me!.. is it perfect?..No.. thats why there are god knows how many different models of the game out there... get over it for christs sake

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
I was actually having a "leg pull" just abit of fun cause I like most machines and makers but it was lost in translation whoops lol :-)

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
I was actually having a "leg pull" just abit of fun cause I like most machines and makers but it was lost in translation whoops lol :-)

Peter

Oh no Peter, you not Mexican down south?
Andere amigo !
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »

Peter

Oh no Peter, you not Mexican down south?
Andere amigo !

Lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »
?? do the Bally/Williams fanboys get upset when Stern puts out a great product time after time because every man and his dog is focusing and buying brand new Sterns instead of Bally/Williams cookie cutters, which drops the prices of the cookies.lol  <.> <.>
(and that was the very first time i ever used the face with a tongue poking out icon in 5 years.lol) (roll drum music.lol)  @.@ %.% %.%

Now, its not a serious question, so dont get serious on me you Bally/Williams fanboys, cause I am a admitted

Bally/Williams fanboy
Stern BNIB fanboy
Sega Fanboy
Data East fanboy
Gottlieb fanboy
and I am pinbull slut who will play any pinball u put in front of me with a 50% off sticker. %.% %.%

People shouldnt get upset when we all talk about Bally fanboys vs Stern fanboys vs Sega Fanboys etc, cause its all in jest/fun and its good healthy competition just like you would barrack for your favourite footy team and give the next bloke a bit of a stir up. Just the aussie way.

P.S - I put my Bally/Williams pinnys in a seperate loungeroom to my Stern machines incase they fight when I am asleep.  %.% @.@ @.@  &^&
(the comedy on here just gets worse) Pffffffffffffff  %@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »

I'm happy for ANY manufacturer of a pinball machine. I'm happy for Stern supporters to bathe in the success of AC/DC (which IS Stern's best release in 10 years), and I welcome newcomers like JJP, Spooky, Heighway and anyone else that goes to the effort of preserving the hobby.

I think the future is VERY bright. I just don't want to see the day where manufacturers divide the hobby. It is just not needed. A lot of the "older heads" have their favorite manufacturers, but you NEVER hear of one manufacturer getting bagged from pillar to post like we hear these days. Chill out and enjoy the renaissance. There more than enough room for everyone, and competition is good ! The old days had four or five manufacturers, and the WINNER was the player.

We should see the next generation prosper by being as positive as possible.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia