Author Topic: AC/DC Pro - Bell Mod -New >> Chrome or Yellow or Red Complete Bell ??  (Read 12083 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Congratulations... you made a decision

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Congratulations... you made a decision

I wanted other ACDC owners to throw their 2 cents worth in, so that they could see their choice of colour on the bell incase it helped them with their machine later on.   If I had 2 x ACDC bells, I would have done 1 x bell in gold, and 1 x bell in silver, but alas, my Stern order is still in transit.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Heres a photo of the finished bell, although I just have to paint the letters a different colour before I put the bell back into the machine.
The photos dont do it justice, compared to how it now looks compared to before.  Unfortunately, I took the photos at night in a dark room, but next time, I will take the video during daylight for a better effect. Originally, it looked dark n drab from factory, now, this shiny gold colour is the colour it should have always been.
Even if you didnt like shiny gold, but went with chrome silver, it is still a MASSIVE improvemnet over factory boring n dark.

I have ordered some extra bells from the USA, and I will paint some extras up in both gold n silver, so if anyone is interested in a upgraded one, let me know. You can keep the original one in the machine, or on your desk as a momento, but changing the colour is a vast improvement.
It looks even better in the machine with the lights on etc.

I will try n do a video when i find some time tomorrow, hopefully.

Also, I have spent $250 today on buying stuff to make myself a Super custom ACDC mod (mods) for the playfield, totally unrelated to this thread.
I purchased alot of hardware to make the batch of mods, which all come together to be part of one huge playfield mod.
I reckon this will be the best AC/DC mod (mods) in the world bare none ! Big call, but wait to u see what i have purchased, and how its going to be awesome. Look for another ACDC Mod thread this next 2 or 4 days.

Pictures below of the bell so far, with writing to be painted in another colour, then its done, then on to the Super ACDC Mod. !
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:17:28 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Lookin good Brett  ^^^

Interested to see it in the machine, what colour are you going to do the writing? Looking forward to more photos and your new super mod thread %$%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am going to do RED writing on the AC/DC raised lettering.   
Might even try to do a white edging if my hand can stay steady enough.

I have been looking after my 3 year old maniac son all day by myself (hard work x 100) and paint n paint brushs and nice carpet with nearby new pinnys dont mix with him because if he gets his hands on any of it, it will end up everywhere, so when he is asleep tonight, I will finish off the lettering and do a few final photos.

Then its on to the Super AC/DC Mod (drum roll).lol  ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Agree the Gold is a massive improvement over factory Brett  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Agree the Gold is a massive improvement over factory Brett  ^^^

I apreciate the feedback. Thankyou. It makes all the mucking around worth it.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Have you installed the bell yet Brett?  ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
yes, will have to take a few photos to add to the thread, maybe a very quick video etc.   stay tuned.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Brett

Sorry I don't like the look of the gold bell, it looks like a xmas decoration.  *%*

The original looks fine imo. Just my opinion mate.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Brett

Sorry I don't like the look of the gold bell, it looks like a xmas decoration.  *%*

Bloody hell.. dont say that, it took him a whole page of decision making in the first place to just spray the damn thing any colour.. im not sure the world is ready for another should it be this or that thread.. BTW.. did anyone post this on Pinside on Brets behalf??

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Brett

Thats fine, its all good. Not everyone is going to like a dramatic colour change.
It actually looks quite sweet on the playfield when re-installed. To me anyway, it looks like the colour it was always meant to be because the original colour is just so dark.
Also, as mentioned, the bell is made of rubber, not plastic, which I was surprised to find when i started painting it. Perhaps thats why Stern went with a dark colour, because making it bright gold or silver might have entailed a further step/process over n above just moulding it in the orig dark colour.

If someone did post it/part of this thread on another forum, that would be good, if not, no big deal. It will be better when i post some extra photos of the bell re-installed on the playfield. This is only one of several ACDC mods I am working on, and they will all tie in together, hence why i decided to go with the gold. I am going to paint some bells up in both silver and gold, and offer them to anyone who wants one, just to see how much better it looks.  ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Good work Brett,

Just my thoughts on the gold bell mod, maybe it will look better installed with the other mods you're currently working on?

Looking forward to some pf pics..
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Sounds good now for the installed pictures :-)

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
I'll go to hell before I touch my bell.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,