Author Topic: AC/DC Pro - Bell Mod -New >> Chrome or Yellow or Red Complete Bell ??  (Read 12102 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I wanted to get peoples opinions please.

On my AC/DC Pro, I have added the various mods, but still have a few to go, and wanted to get your opinion as to what colour I shld go with ?

I have already installed >

3 x Gibson Red Guitars (these would be soo much better in yellow cause the red is soo dark, I am thinking of painting some yellow)
2 x AC/DC Drums
3 x Mirror Finish Lightning Bolts
1 x Large Cannon Mod (to be installed today if I can work it out)
1 x Lassertriffic Topper Mod (to be installed tody)

I wanted to install the Bell Mod (swinging chrome newton ball which hits the target behind it) *has anyone got a spare they wish to sell ? PM me pls.

**So at this stage, I was looking at the boring browny/copper coloured AC/DC Bell (made from rubber if u didnt know !), and thought that the bells colour, it gets lost in the background, and I was thinking how much better it would look if the whole bell was painted in either mirror chrome, bright yellow like the playfield yellows already, or bright red, like the playfield reds already.

Then I would paint the AC/DC lettering the appropriate colour, matching the chrome, yellow, or red.
(Probably, black writing, Yellow bell, and if Chrome bell, do writing in black or red, if Red bell, do writing in chrome or black.

So if u have a AC/DC machine, look closely at your playfield, and imagine the large bell painted in either chrome, yellow or red, and give me your opinion please.  !@#  It will have a chrome ball hanging from it soon which will go with any of the chrome, yellow or red colours.

Pls advise, chrome bell, yellow bell, or red bell, and your thoughts please ! !@# ^^^ !@# ^^^
(I can buy a spare bell n keep it inside the machine in stock trim incase I ever want it stock again) 

(Also some photos below to show how the browny/copper bell gets lost a bit, and alot more when machine turned on with glass glare etc. Just click on the photos to enlarge them )
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:39:13 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Bump
need some input. 
probably a few guys away over the weekend, but i was looking to buy the correct paint  tuesdayish !

what colour shld i go for ?  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
my le bib came with a RED christmas deco shiny bell,you should be able to get one of these from the factory.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
my le bib came with a RED christmas deco shiny bell,you should be able to get one of these from the factory.

any photos, cause i looked at acdc BIB and LTBR and they also came tith a std copper coloured bell.

I have never seen or heard of a factory red bell ?

thats one of the colours i thought might look good, or chrome or yellow.
B good to see the red one u have ...

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
think i got an experimental version.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Hard call mate, But after looking at some photos and remembering Pete's awesome machine i think red 'may' get lost also as there is alot of red on the playfield. Yellow i think would be too 'much', so i would consider the chrome i guess or perhaps black?

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
I have only seen copper, gunmetal grey and gold colour bells in ACDC concerts. Colour needs to be fairly authentic, like Rosie.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
If your after in your face "bling" I'd go with chrome with acdc in black! Yellow would look tacky I'm thinking but the bell in red would blend nice.

I'd love to see it chrome it would look stunning.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I found 2 x different colours down the Masters Hardware Store today.

Mirror Gold or Miror Chrome. $15 a can, and enough in one can to do fifty bells.

Still cant decide ??  !@#

Help !

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
mirror gold with red/black lettering would look good &^&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Ok, got a few pm's too, everyone is saying gold, will give that a go, n take some pictures if it works out OK.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
UPDATE

I have painted the large AC/DC Bell in mirror Gold finish, and it looks sensational.
It comes out with a slightly stippled effect, and not 100 percent mirror finish because the bells surface is very grainy, but the gold, in its bright n shiny lovelyness looks 1 million percent bettr than stock.

Light reflects off the bell now alot, and the Gold finish is something I am hoping alot of people copy, because the bell now actually looks like a proper bell made of real Gold.

I dont jump on the other forums, maybe someone like Swinksy can copy parts of this thread over so other people, espescially those on Pinside see just how good the finish is, and maybe others in the USA will start modding their boring brown bells to chromey Gold or Chromey Silver if they like the end result.

Also, with my bell being Gold, and the swinging Ball mod being silver-chrome, they will make each other stand out n compliment each other as well which will look even better.

I will add some photos tonight.  ^^^

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Looking forward to seeing the pics.  ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
What he said - pics please  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I will load photos on about 9pm-ish, when I can borrow the wife's I.Phone since my reliable Kodak Digital Camera is Missing In Action  !!! !!!
(dam I hate losing things - 43yrs old and I have alzheimers already - cant find the camera anywhere - been looking for bloody days)