Author Topic: Theatre Trunk intermit fault  (Read 219 times)

Offline vett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Theatre Trunk intermit fault
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »
Hi Trunk works fine for 10- 15 games and then stops turning , score works but trunk stuck/stopped.
if i turn machine off and back on 30 seconds later , everthing is great and all working Ok for another 10 or so games and then trunk stops again.
Anyone had this trouble before?   Any glues where to start looking

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Theatre Trunk intermit fault
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »

Is the trunk loose ? The gearbox has a set of internal grub screws that often become loose and the shaft looses it's grip. There is also an opto interrupter that may need tightening. I can't recall if there is a "Trunk Test", but you could try entering the diagnostics and testing the trunk and optos.

Covered here on page 2

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6943.15
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline vett

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
I have gone into trunk test and all working ok No fault. but will check for loose gear box , but i think if it was ,when i reset machine it would still fault/Stop if it was gearbox

Offline vett

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
I will check  opto interrupter as you say it  may need tightening and this could be where the trouble is , and i will report back .cheers

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »
when you get the problem, rather than switch off, go onto trunk test and see if its between positions. I can get this if I hit the trunk mid turn and it will stop between settings. if this is the case the trunk could be too loose as my problem is very infrequent.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline vett

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
Ok Trunk stopped working every second game now, making it easier to find fault.3 optos faulting 56,57,58 and a noise like trunk was doing it tough to turn.
Got the manaul out and removed trunk mech from game and checked it out . Found allen keys on bottom lock nut with stopper post closest to gear box was loose and also black opto disc had a small crack in it that would only open up when you tighten it onto post. Lubed gear box , tighten bolts, glued disc and refitted , all appears to be working Ok for now, But will order new black opto disc to change later. Thanks for leads/advise on where to look. Cheers