Author Topic: Circus Voltaire in Melb?  (Read 928 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Circus Voltaire in Melb?
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »
Looking to play a Circus Voltaire in Melbourne does anyone know where i can find a sited one? The CV at the peacock hotel in Northcote is not there anymore and there may be one in Langwarrin but that is a long way from me.

Any help would be appreciated, and i am not below offering beer to any kind member that may like to share thier machine.  &&

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Circus Voltaire in Melb?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
I dont own one and I don't know where you'll find one but I have played one and all I can say is great game. If your looking to buy one in Melbourne we might end up in a bidding war if one becomes avaliable in Melbourne. #@# .
Im of to Sydney in 2 weeks to visit my brother and he has one up there cant wait to play it again.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:47:35 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
I had one in the house for a few months last year on a short term trade with a mate.
Good game, great artwork but the audio drove me nuts after a while. Moooing cow in attract mode is cool though.
Some nice shots, not overly difficult and pretty easy to join the cirqus and get to party mutliball or whatever the end of join the cirqus is called. Bashing the ringmaster gets old pretty quickly
Before the trade I always wanted to own one but after the trade I had no desire at all to own the game.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »
Looking to play a Circus Voltaire in Melbourne does anyone know where i can find a sited one? The CV at the peacock hotel in Northcote is not there anymore and there may be one in Langwarrin but that is a long way from me.

Any help would be appreciated, and i am not below offering beer to any kind member that may like to share thier machine.  &&

I'll find out & let you know where this CV has gone too.
Was there a replacement machine at the Peacock?
SC.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
If your looking to buy one in Melbourne we might end up in a bidding war if one becomes avaliable in Melbourne. #@# .

Haha that is why i want to play one to see if i like it enough, in saying that i am a long way from buying one.

I had one in the house for a few months last year on a short term trade with a mate.
Good game, great artwork but the audio drove me nuts after a while. Moooing cow in attract mode is cool though.
Some nice shots, not overly difficult and pretty easy to join the cirqus and get to party mutliball or whatever the end of join the cirqus is called. Bashing the ringmaster gets old pretty quickly
Before the trade I always wanted to own one but after the trade I had no desire at all to own the game.

Thanks CC, interesting to hear about the ringmaster. Hmmm, and i much prefer a challenging pinball to an easy one, thanks for the feedback.  ^^^

Any help would be appreciated, and i am not below offering beer to any kind member that may like to share thier machine.  &&

Thanks mate, they apparently have Scared Stiff and AC/DC now. ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
I have a ringmaster as my pen holder on my desk.   He has really creepy eyes that look so real.

Don't know of any that are playable

Offline casperthefriendly

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

I think the machines in the Peacock and the Social Club are operated by Franks Amusements - they seem to rotate around a bit, but the CV is likely in North Melbourne somewhere. If I see it, I'll let you know...

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »

I think the machines in the Peacock and the Social Club are operated by Franks Amusements - they seem to rotate around a bit, but the CV is likely in North Melbourne somewhere. If I see it, I'll let you know...

Thanks Rob, that would be great!  ^^^

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »

This CV is now located @ the Victoria Pub in Footscray. Make sure you wear your leather pants!
SC.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 05:42:32 PM »
Awesome!!

Thanks mate, at least its on my side of town now as well. Leather pants? uh oh!  %$%

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Thanks mate, they apparently have Scared Stiff and AC/DC now. ^^^

Played AC/DC today @ The Peacock. Though i invite some kids over and show them a thing or two - fire the canon button boy!

SC.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
Awesome!!

Thanks mate, at least its on my side of town now as well. Leather pants? uh oh!  %$%

%.% Just stirring, though i heard it's rough.

So whilst AC/DC took all the glamour, poor little SS was switched-off and "Out of Order" lol.

SC.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »

%.% Just stirring, though i heard it's rough.

Great probably get bashed just for playing it!  :lol :lol

Ill let you know if i got out alive!

So whilst AC/DC took all the glamour, poor little SS was switched-off and "Out of Order" lol.

Probably just as well with the kids there! Dad, what does good head mean? Dad, why is the machine moaning like that?

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 09:21:13 PM »
Gutted!!

Went there today 1 hour round trip, and the damn coin mech was not working!!  ^.^

No matter what i tried it would not take my money. I asked if they knew about it and i was met with 'we have called him and he has not come out!'

I was too distressed to pay attention to his phone number (i should have i know) but Prince if you happen to know him can you let him know about it. Will also explain why his cash box will be empty.  #@#

Damn it! i was really looking forward to having a good go on it.  !!!

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:09 PM »
 Oh well shit like that happens to me all the time especially when it's pinball related. I live 5 minutes down the road from there let me know next time before you drive over there and I will go down and make sure it's working for you .