Author Topic: Airbrush paint and supplier recommendations  (Read 369 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Airbrush paint and supplier recommendations
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
Gday all .

I finally tried out my airbrush for the first time the other day, just using my $2 acrylic paint thinned down with water .

I now realise that I will need to buy some suitable paint to be able to spray properly .

1st job I need to do is respray the reds in my Thoro Bred backglass (resto thread here http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8117.0)

Just wondering what paint you guys recommend and where do you buy it from .

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Airbrush paint and supplier recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »
First question.. where are the reds in the backglass??? If any are in the illuminated areas then you need to make a translucent paint.
Any silk screen supplier can sell you screening enamels ( this is what the BG would have been screened with originally), you will need your colour and you will need a clear base.
Mix your colour to match and then put both BG and a small piece of glass over a light source.. you can then mix your paint with the clear onto the spare glass and match its translucency also... once done - spray away to the BG.

ALL backglasses are screened with a translucent paint to begin with.. once this is done, the blockout is put on the back to make it a solid colour instead

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: Airbrush paint and supplier recommendations
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
Gday Gav.

Pretty much all the red areas are illuminated . Thanks for the feedback
I need more room ! and more $$$