Author Topic: Can you spot the difference ??  (Read 2194 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Can you spot the difference ??
« on: April 03, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
I have been chasing a new set of BK2000 sling shot plastics for about 18 months now. I have tried everywhere but seems no one is making them at the moment. Last week whilst doing my regular goggle search for them I finally hit the jackpot and found a pair of "NOS" plastics in the States. I promptly paid including express post and have been waiting by the letter box since. Well today they arrived and I'm not sure what to think. I'm happy that I finally have a set on unbroken plastics but not too sure about the match. What do you think?

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Can you spot the difference ??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
Hmmm  had similar T2 complete plastics set once
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »
There is actually 2 different versions of the BK2000 plastics, incl slingshot plastics.

The original prototype plastics went on the first run of the BK2000 games, and then about a quarter of the way along, they changed plastics to a more lighter/modern colour theme/style. Some plastics stayed the same, and about a third of them changed completely/alot.

What u have got is fine, its not wrong, just a set of each by the looks of it. If i saw the rest of your machine, I would know which full set u had, but either way, or either set is fine.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »
you can buy a full set from CPR

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
always a good feeling when you find something that you have been hunting for a while

make sure you scan them just as a backup just in case
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 07:40:56 AM »
I doubt they are NOS, as when BK2K was made, you bought plastics as a complete set. Slings weren't available separately, and you didn't get 2 sets in a plastic set.

Having said that, I guess there *is* a chance someone bought a NOS set, and used everything but the slings.. a small chance. Would you believe nearly zero chance? :)

A guy named Alan Meyer made repro slings for BK2K and plenty of other games for awhile. His plastics were second to none, the quality was amazing.

As mentioned, there were 2 different sets of BK2K plastics used, depending on where in the run your game was, and I would guess the originals are probably faded, which is why the reds are lighter on the originals than the new ones.

Change them both, and they will look fine :)

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »
I doubt they are NOS, as when BK2K was made, you bought plastics as a complete set. Slings weren't available separately, and you didn't get 2 sets in a plastic set.

Having said that, I guess there *is* a chance someone bought a NOS set, and used everything but the slings.. a small chance. Would you believe nearly zero chance? :)

A guy named Alan Meyer made repro slings for BK2K and plenty of other games for awhile. His plastics were second to none, the quality was amazing.

As mentioned, there were 2 different sets of BK2K plastics used, depending on where in the run your game was, and I would guess the originals are probably faded, which is why the reds are lighter on the originals than the new ones.

Change them both, and they will look fine :)

Funny you should say this as the advertisment did state that they were "NOS" left over from a full that they didn't use the slingshots from so this could be right.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:27:58 PM »
I'm thinking-
NOS  Not Original Stock.......  in this case

at the end of the day your a head with new unbroken slings
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia