Author Topic: X MEN Custom Topper - MODS - Build underway using STERN Parts  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I am making a X MEN Custom Topper - Using Existing 2 x Large Playfield Toys.

I had an idea and acted on it. I purchased the Large Blue and Red Magneto Toy from the Playfield, and I purchased the Large Yellow n Blue Wolverine Toy as well.  They feel hard n look like they are plastic, but to my surprise, like the AC/DC Bell, they are made of very hard rubber !

I wanted to make a topper for my X Men Pro. I wanted something better than just a flat pespex topper with flashing lights. I had an idea to have a combination of the 2 x large figures, with a lit topper, or just my figures with something large in the middle, with my new Figure toys either side of it. Either way, the figures will be lit with spotlights shinning onto them, as well as flasher lights inside of them to help light them up. They come factory with holes in them to show off internal lights (Magneto) and Wolverine wil need a small mod done to him.

I have an idea for a large Submarine in the middle for a topper piece, which features in one of the movies ? I cant really stick something in from a cartoon because there are soo many cartoons, and nothing sticks out, but I have a couple of ideas, and the best one I came up with was a floating number of bits of metal, all hovering around in front of Magneto with his hand outstretched. (achieved using tin foil squares on fishing line which will make it look like it is floating in mid air from Magneto's powers). And so on.

Anyway, I am working on my ACDC mods, and my X Men mods at the same time. Plenty to do.

I will keep u updated. Stay tuned.  ^^^

Photos of the new toys below.
I have placed a softdrink can next to the toys to show just how big they are. Very heavy as well.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
a few more photos

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
a few more photos again

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
last few photos

Note - I wanted to put 4 photos per post BUT the forums low file size allowance, forced me to do 2 photos only, per post. Thats life, thats Sanyo.lol

Anyway, I havent seen anyone use these X Men figures to make a Custom Topper before, so hopefully my Topper will kick Butt.
Maybe a first worldwide, and a first for Aussie Pinball.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:16:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Great idea using the figures!

Looks promising!