Author Topic: Nintendo cocktail table what are they worth?  (Read 5192 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Nintendo cocktail table what are they worth?
« on: April 09, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Hi guys I recently purchased a cocktail cabinet with the intentions of making it a 60in1 but once I got it home I got the original gameboard and monitor working (Lady bug)

I've never seen a Nintendo table top before has an I'd tag on the side that says Nintendo and the cabinet is all steel (except the wood frame for the glass top.

Any ideas if there hard to come by or what it's worth left original?   I'd hate to cut it up if there rare or worth good money as is???

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Nintendo cocktail table what are they worth?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »
Not sure if the board is original anyway, these machines normally have a Nintendo 3in1 board in them.
Looks like the ctpanels have been changed at sometime in it's working life, they normally have linework on them.

I wouldn't be too worried about de-valueing it, it looks like someone has already messed with it.
Saying that they are a good solid machine and it looks like your crt is good so your on a winnner with a 60in1.
Make a bit of cash back selling the Ladybug board.
You could dress up the ctpanels with a bit of original looking artwork/linework

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
Thanks boots.   

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
the cocktail i was around in the 70's was usually japanese taito.i do not think nintendo was invented yet.ladybug,lol.if it was a dedicated taito space invaders then u may have something of value   %.%
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »
just for interest,but i am not a video game man.for the record.pinnys rule $#$
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Invaders

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
 !@# where is the fire button dan,all i se is ply 1/2 and a joystick? ^&^

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
Lady bug doesn't need any buttons it's like pacman with a twist.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »
so you may have issues if you want to turn it into a 60 in 1.keep as is,is my opinion.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
Not sure if the board is original anyway, these machines normally have a Nintendo 3in1 board in them.
Looks like the ctpanels have been changed at sometime in it's working life, they normally have linework on them.

I wouldn't be too worried about de-valueing it, it looks like someone has already messed with it.
Saying that they are a good solid machine and it looks like your crt is good so your on a winnner with a 60in1.

+1

Would be a very rare find if it was 100% original. ANYTHING that was produced in the late 70's early 80's would have been converted later on. Please keep the CRT - LCDs loose the depth and clarity of CRTs. There are a lot of good new boards out there - there's a 276 in 1 that is good value. I've installed one for a customer and he thinks it is great (and I don't like Vids !).

Take the Ladybug board out, and convert it to Jamma - list on eBay. I've sold around 20 boards and some of the strangest boards have netted a tidy profit  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »
Thanks guys ill convert it and yes will keep the CRT.   Will list the board on eBay u just never know

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »
I'm building one at the moment and will use an arcadeSD board, bit dearer, but much better emulation than the 60-in-1 lag times and wrong sounds etc

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »

+1

Would be a very rare find if it was 100% original. ANYTHING that was produced in the late 70's early 80's would have been converted later on. Please keep the CRT - LCDs loose the depth and clarity of CRTs. There are a lot of good new boards out there - there's a 276 in 1 that is good value. I've installed one for a customer and he thinks it is great (and I don't like Vids !).

Take the Ladybug board out, and convert it to Jamma - list on eBay. I've sold around 20 boards and some of the strangest boards have netted a tidy profit  #@#

Don't buy a 276in1 they are crap.
The sounds are really awful on them, some are loud , some are quiet and some are just plain wrong, even the ones that seem ok are cheapened by the poor amplification.
Best bet is tried and proven 60in1, cheap as chips and for the most part ok.
I haven't tried the "Arcade SD" board, butI have heard good reports.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »

+1

Take the Ladybug board out, and convert it to Jamma - list on eBay. I've sold around 20 boards and some of the strangest boards have netted a tidy profit  #@#

Don't buy a 276in1 they are crap.
The sounds are really awful on them, some are loud , some are quiet and some are just plain wrong, even the ones that seem ok are cheapened by the poor amplification.
Best bet is tried and proven 60in1, cheap as chips and for the most part ok.
I haven't tried the "Arcade SD" board, butI have heard good reports.

Interesting. I stopped buying the 60 in 1 as 1942 and Gyruss had very bad sound, and Galaga was lagging terribly. I tried the 276 in 1 and those three games are all perfect. What is the problem with the 276 in 1 ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
Interesting. I stopped buying the 60 in 1 as 1942 and Gyruss had very bad sound, and Galaga was lagging terribly. I tried the 276 in 1 and those three games are all perfect. What is the problem with the 276 in 1 ?
I agree some of the games on the 60in1 are not the best, Time Pilot is also a bit scratchy sounding particularly the explosion sounds but all the games have the same sound level and the sounds are the same as the original boards (apart from the minor distortions).
On the 276in1 you cannot turn the sound up very loud as it distorts BADLY, this is really noticable on Galaga in particular, also the sound level varies from game to game so if you get the sound level ok on one game some of the others are too quiet. Pengo is one of the games where the sounds are completely different to the original board which is really noticeable as Pengo has a very distinctive sound.
Another issue with these boards is the connections are not 100% JAMMA, the ground connection on pins 27-28(both sides) must be disconnected or the board will do all sorts of wierd things.
This means that if you are putting it in an existing JAMMA cabinet you must remember to cut these wires from the harness and make sure they are not connected together after the wires are removed.
I have bought a few of these but in the end I have decided it's just not worth the hassle, as the 60in1 is pretty well proven.

I must say the only thing I do like about the 276in1 is the ability to quit the game without having to wait for the game to finish.